Wednesday evening, you cook!

Wednesday evening, you cook!
Yesterday evening I decided to cook a typical and popular Italian dish, south Italy peculiar dish.
There's to say I'm neither a chef nor amateur and when I try to do something of little bit complicated, I face some difficulties.
Nevertheless the perseverance are helping me to improve in cuisine.
Dish I choose yesterday is not a normal or simple dish like meat or pasta. This dish is a mix or mixture of vegetables.
Its name is "Ciambotta".
The ingredients are: potatoes, zucchini, peppers and eggplant, and garlic, salt and cheese.
The problem is all of those ingredients have cook time different from other ones, then it's important to care the cooking otherwise you should put all in the bin because of it is completely burned.
For you it can be similar to "Ratatouille" but there is one difference; In Ratatouille you cook all ingredients separately, here I cook all together.
I had to put in the frying pan, before ingredients which need more time to be cooked and after ones which cook quickly.
First of all I put oil in the pan, when oil was hot, I put some little tomatoes (not sauce or juice) and potatoes. When potatoes are quite fried, I put peppers whic are quite hard, and finally zucchini and eggplant.
Probably yesterday I put too much oil, but in Italy oil is fantastic then the dish became more and more tasty, but it is not advisable to do always in this manner.
In south of Italy there are many typical heavy dishes: lasagna, parmiggiana, peperoni ripieni, cannelloni; but as few of you probably know, in Italy there are lots of typical dishes full of vegetables, very healthy and very tasty.

Wednesday evening, you cook!

Wednesday evening, you cook! (I have to ask, what do you mean by "You cook?" Do you mean, On Wednesday evenings in Italy "one" cooks (I used "one" to clarify)? Or maybe you meant to say "I cook on Wednesday evenings?)
    Yesterday evening I decided to cook a popular Italian dish, typical to south Italy.
    That is to say I'm neither a chef nor an amateur cook. However, when I try to do something a bit complicated, I have difficulty.
    Nevertheless perseverance helps me to improve in my cooking.
    The dish I chose to make yesterday is not a normal or simple one (You don't have to say "dish" again) such as meat or pasta--it's one of vegetables.
    It's called "Ciambotta." (This one is difficult, because in American English, you put the punctuation inside the quotation mark, and in England, you put the puncutation after. So depending on where you are, you could be right or wrong :) )
    The ingredients are: potatoes, zucchini, peppers and eggplant, garlic, salt, (In English, you always put a comma right before "and") and cheese.
    The challenge with this dish is that all of those ingredients have different cook time the others. It's important to pay attention while you are cooking, or else you might as well just (Sounds better) put it all in the bin because it will have been completely burned. 

You could compare it to "Ratatouille" but there is one difference; In Ratatouille you cook all ingredients separately, here I cook them all together.
    I had to put some vegetables in the frying pan, before the other ingredients which need more time to cook and later the ones which cook more quickly.
    The first thing I did was to pour oil in the pan, and when oil was hot I put in some little tomatoes (not sauce) and potatoes (You could also add "in" here at the end instead of before). When the potatoes had become tender, I put in peppers, which are quite hard, and finally zucchini and eggplant.
    Probably yesterday I put in too much oil, but in Italy oil is fantastic, and makes the dish more flavorful. However, it is not always advised to do it in this manner.
    In south Italy there are many of the typical heavy dishes: lasagna, parmiggiana, peperoni ripieni, cannelloni; but few of you probably know that there are also lots of typical dishes full of vegetables, very healthy and very tasty.

Fantastic English, Fabio! Although it may seem that there are a lot of corrections, most of the corrections I made were to make it look more like something a native speaker would write. I love southern Italian cuisine! This one I will definitely have to try. Looks super good :) Complimentiiiiiiiiii :D 

More notebook entries written in Italian