The Catwoman and Smashing Pumpkin

Lately, I have been seeing halloween decorations everywhere. It is one of my favorite holidays in U.S., although it is a commercialized holiday.

As for Halloween related customs, there is a lot of halloween costumes in U.S.. I like that both adults and kids have enjoyed wearing their own costumes for just holidays fun. I am already planning on wearing a catwoman costume at the next halloween night If I had a chance to get to the party.

Because Anne Hathaway was so cool as Catwoman from 'The Dark Knight Rises'.
Also, when I was a little girl, I wanted to be a Catwoman so bad. Sadly, I had realized that I have pretty much nothing in common with those Catwomen in the process of growing up, though.

I also love the American giant pumpkins. When I first saw the wagon filled with the giant pumpkins at grocery store, I was excitedly pointing at them and was extremely touched. Last year, I made a jack-o'-lantern. I think that pumpkin carvings was the hardest work in all halloween related missions. Mr. pumpkin I made had an insanely ugly face. However, I still can't get over how adorable pumpkin was.

For some reasons, I accidentally smashed my pumpkin. So some people call me "Smashing Pumpkin" since then. Next time, I would like to carve two pumpkins.

-The End-

• 1   
  • Ai
  • Sep 13, 2013
  • 2 corrections
  • 359 views

The Catwoman and Smashing Pumpkin

As for Halloween related customs, there is are a lot of (a lot of is a quantifier, not a noun phrase) halloween costumes in U.S.. I like it that both adults and kids have enjoyed wearing their own costumes for just for holidays fun. I am already planning on wearing a catwoman costume at the next halloween night if I had have a chance to get go to the party. Because Anne Hathaway was so cool as Catwoman from in 'The Dark Knight Rises'.

Also, When I was a little girl, I wanted to be a Catwoman so bad. Sadly, I had realized that I have had pretty much nothing in common with those Catwomen in the process of growing up, though.

I also love the American giant pumpkins. When I first saw the wagon filled with the giant pumpkins at a grocery store, I was excitedly pointing at them and was extremely touched. Last year, I made a jack-o'-lantern. I think that pumpkin carvings was were the hardest/most difficult work in all halloween related activities missions. The 'Mr. pumpkin' I made had an insanely ugly face. However, I still can't get over how adorable pumpkin was.

For some reasons, I accidentally smashed my pumpkin. So some people call me "Smashing Pumpkin" ever since then. Next time, I would like to carve two pumpkins.

-The End-

The Catwoman and Smashing Pumpkin

As for Halloween related customs, there is a lot of halloween costumes in U.S.. I like that both adults and kids have enjoyed wearing their own costumes for just holidays fun.

I like that both adults and kids enjoy wearing their own costumes for holiday fun.

I like that both adults and kids can enjoy wearing their own costumes for holiday fun.

I like that both adults and kids can enjoy wearing costumes on this holiday.

I am already planning on wearing a catwoman costume at the next halloween night If I had a chance to get to the party.

I am already planning to wear a catwoman costume next Halloween, if I get invited to a party.

I am already planning a catwoman costume to wear next Halloween, if I get invited to a party.

This version means you are thinking about how to make, buy or organize the costume.

I am planning to wear a catwoman costume next Halloween, if I get invited to a party.

The "een" in Halloween actually stands for "e'en", short for "evening"; so you don't need to say "Halloween night".

This is because Anne Hathaway was so cool as Catwoman in 'The Dark Knight Rises'.

Sadly, though, in the process of growing up I realized that I have pretty much nothing in common with Catwomen.

This sounds a little bit strange because there is only one Catwoman (the character). There are, however, many Catwomen (the actresses). Usually I would write this sentence in the singular, refering to the character; but if you did specifically mean to say "I used to envy the cool actresses who portrayed the character", then "Catwomen" would be appropriate. Does that make sense?

I also love the American giant pumpkins. When I first saw the wagon filled with the giant pumpkins at grocery store, I was excitedly pointing at them and was extremely touched.

You have to be careful with your "a"s and "the"s in this sentence. It's tricky! Basically the rule in this sentence is: if you are introducing a new thing, you say "a". If you are repeating a noun you have already spoken about, you can use "the". So -

When I first saw a wagon filled with giant pumpkins at the grocery store,

Why "the" grocery store? Because you don't mean any grocery store, you mean the particular grocery store that you went to as a child, that was in your neighbourhood, or whatever. You could actually say "a" grocery store here too, and it would sound normal. I myself would usually use "the" because, since you are talking about your childhood, it is more likely to be a particular store your family regularly visited. Sorry for the long explanation!

I excitedly pointed at them, and was extremely moved.

It is better to use the simple past tense here - your "was ---ing" tense isn't necessary.

"Extremely touched" and "extremely moved" we only use to describe deep profound emotions - a very sad ending to a movie, a kind letter from a special friend, an unexpected kindness from a stranger. They aren't usually used to describe a childish excitment. A different expression would be better, for example -

I excitedly pointed at them, and was giddy with delight.

This means you were so happy you almost fell over. It is good for describing childhood happiness.

My prefered version -

The first time I ever saw pumpkins like this was piled up in a wagon at the local grocery store. I couldn't stop pointing at them, I was so excited!

Last year, I made a jack-o'-lantern. I think that pumpkin carvings was the hardest work in all halloween related missions.

I think that carving that pumpkin was the hardest of all halloween-related missions.

Great English - very funny description!

Mr. pumpkin I made had an insanely ugly face. However, I still can't get over how adorable pumpkin was.

The Mr. Pumpkin I made had an insanely ugly face. However, I still can't get over how adorable that pumpkin was.

My version -

My poor Mr. Pumpkin ended up with an insanely ugly face. I still thought he was adorable though.

My poor Mr. Pumpkin ended up with an insanely ugly face. I still thought he was totally adorable though.

The "totally" makes the English sound a little more informal and possibly slightly more female also. It suits the general tone of your writing here, I think.

You can't say "for some reasons, I accidentally...". If you had reasons, then it wasn't an accident.

In the end, I accidentally smashed my pumpkin.

I ended up accidentally smashing Mr. Pumpkin.

So some people call me "Smashing Pumpkin" since then.

So some people have called me "Smashing Pumpkin" since then.

So some people call me "Smashing Pumpkin" now.

Some of my friends have called me "Smashing Pumpkin" ever since.

Next time, I would like to carve two pumpkins.

Perfect grammar. To get the humor though, I would use one of these -

Next time, I plan to carve two pumpkins.

Next time, I'm going to carve a backup pumpkin.

Next time, I'm going to be sure to carve a backup pumpkin!

-The End-

Excellent storytelling! You do well to convey your sense of humor in English. This is very difficult to do well.

Catwoman is of course very cool. But, I can imagine LP'n'P might not appreciate you transforming into a giant cat. Be careful!