Drawing Attention

I ride the metro every day for college. It's usually very crowded; you can barely find a place to put your feet on. I always spend one hour standing on one foot. There are carriages for women and others for men. I was in women's one when a young boy with shabby appearance came in. He was about nine or ten years old. He kept giving passengers weird glances (tell me if there were a better expression) with a sense of irony. As usual, I thought he was trying to show that ego of men since he was among a crowd of women even if he is still a kid. But then, The boy began to talk with others about what he thought heroic achievements as they already know him. He said " I once jumped from the metro on this spot and walked to the station alone. Yeah, i swear .... it wasn't that hard". All people looked at him strangely like "What is this boy talking about??". I soon realized that his assuming bride was just a matter of childhood silliness.

Drawing Attention

I ride the metro every day to college. It's usually very crowded; you can barely find a place to put your feet on. I always spend one hour standing on one foot. There are carriages for women and others for men. I was in women's carriage when a young boy with shabby appearance came in. He was about nine or ten years old. He kept giving passengers weird glances (tell me if there were a better expression) with a sense of irony. As usual, I thought he was trying to show the ego of men since he was among a crowd of women, even if he was still a kid. But then the boy began to talk with others about what he thought were heroic achievements, as they already knew him. He said " I once jumped from the metro on this spot and walked to the station alone. Yeah, I swear .... it wasn't that hard". Everyone looked at him strangely, like "What is this boy talking about??" I soon realized that his assuming pride was just a matter of childhood silliness.

[Good work.  "He kept giving passengers weird glances" is a perfectly good and understandable expression.  If you end a sentence with a period or question mark inside quotes ("), do not put any punctuation after it.  In fact, any ending punctuation should be put inside the quotes that end a sentence.]