What Will You Do?

Today,I went to a student’s house to teach him Chinese. He is a Korean, which have been in China for more than 3 years. He studies in an international school.

Since it was my first time to meet him, after I finished my introduction,I asked him to introduce himself in Chinese. He didn’t say anything, just handed a printed paper to me. I read out the title,Oral Chinese Practice: 1, What is your habit about learning Chinese? 2. What is your favorite hobby? 3.Which city do you like the best in China ? Why? When I finished reading,he said the paper was the former Chinese teacher who was also my classmate Miss Lee gave him.Then I explained why I was there and why Miss Lee could not teach him anymore.

He wouldn’t introduce himself and late I could heardly get a word from his mouth.
I asked him to read some thing after me. He woudn’t do more than once. Then he kept asking what time was, when the class should be over.

I asked if he had Chinese homework from school. He said N0,but I found out late that he actually had homework. He said he was fouced to learn Chinese at home. However, he was already a grade 7 student who has to study Chinese at shcool , his Chinese level is not hingher than a kindergarten child.

At the last 20 minutes, I told him a story. He told me a story too! But it was how to kill me in pieces!!!!

Does he really hate me? What will you do if you were me? I would appreciate if you could give me some good ideas or check my writing mistakes.Thank you in advance.
I will go to his house tomorrow.

What Will You Do?

Today I went to a student’s house to teach him Chinese. He is a Korean, which have and has ( or 'a Korean who has ...') been in China for more than 3 years. He studies in an international school.

Since it was my first time to meet him, after I finished my introduction, I asked him to introduce himself in Chinese. He didn’t say anything, just handed me a printed paper page to me. I read out the title, Oral Chinese Practice: 1. What is your habit about learning Chinese? 2. What is your favourite hobby? 3. Which city do you like the best in China ? Why? When I had finished reading, he said the paper was the one/what his former Chinese teacher (who was also my classmate, Miss Lee) had given gave him. Then I explained why I was there and why Miss Lee could not teach him any more.

He wouldn’t introduce himself and later I could hardly get a word from his mouth/out of him.
    I asked him to read something aloud after me. He wouldn’t do that more than once. Then he kept asking what time it was, when the class should be over.

I asked if he had Chinese homework from school. He said N0,but I found out later that he actually had homework. He said he was forced to learn Chinese at home. However, he was already a grade 7 student who has to study Chinese at school , his Chinese level is no higher than a kindergarten child.

At In/For the last 20 minutes, I told him a story. He told me a story too! But it was how to kill me by chopping me in pieces!!!!

Does he really hate me? What will would you do if you were me? I would appreciate if you could give me some good ideas or check my writing mistakes. Thank you in advance.
    I will go to his house tomorrow.

1.Did you explain why the former teacher was not there?

2.Have you spoken with his parents?

3.You should not attempt to teach him further without speaking with the parents, you need their help.

4.He's a young teenager, 13?  They can be surly and un-cooperative; speak to your supervisor too

PS I have a similar Chinese student, taught via SKYPE, also 7-grade; he is so often silent I think the internet connection is broken; to make things worse, he cannot distinguish the words CAN, CANT and I cannot be sure which he is saying - 'Can you open this web page?' CAN(T)'!