Greeting for a event

I am asked to translate the opening remarks to a event. (Japanese →English)
Please check the remarks.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Good afternoon, everyone.
I am XXX XXX, the director (museum curator )of Yokiso Villa.

Thank you very much for participating International exchange event today!
Before WW2, Yokiso welcomed many foreign students from Asian countries made up an International community. The students who stayed here at Yokiso, later contributed for straighten ties between their country and Japan.

We would like to pass on the brilliant history of Yokiso.
この輝かしい歴史を受け継ぎたいです。
( or We would like to take the role of Yokiso)

We would like to welcome all of you; many foreign students and foreign residents in Nagoya get together and enjoy the culture of other country. We believe the event help you to understand other people with different background.

Today, please try to talk to many people from foreign countries. We hope you will have new friends by the end of the event.
本日は、他の国々の人たちとお話いただき一人でも多くの外国の友達を作ってお帰りください。

Our event is not very long but we hope you will enjoy. Thank you.
それでは、短い時間ではありますが、十分にお楽しみください。

I don't know Japanese but I can guess :)

Greeting for a event

Please check the remarks.

Good afternoon, everyone.

Thank you very much for participating in the international exchange event today!
    Before WW2 World War II, Yokiso this Villa had welcomed many foreign students from Asian countries, thus making it made up an international community. Later, upon their return, they The students who stayed here at Yokiso, later contributed for  greatly strength the straighten ties between their home country and Japan.

We would like to pass on the brilliant introduce the history of this wonderful Villa/place. Yokiso.
    この輝かしい歴史を受け継ぎたいです。

We would like to Welcome! all of you; many It is of our greatest pleasure in getting together Nagoya's the foreign students and foreign residents in Nagoya get together and to enjoy the culture of other our country. We believe the this event help you to understand other people will foster in the understanding of our with different backgrounds.

Today, please try will be a great opportunity to talk to with many of our foreign guests here and we hope new friendships and bonds will be forged.  people from foreign countries. We hope you will have new friends by the end of the event. [This is a formal welcoming speech, the language must be formal, polite, friendly and welcoming.  You cannot order around like a school marm.]

Though our event is not very long one, but we hope you will we sincerely hope that you have a wonderful time. enjoy. Thank you.
    それでは、短い時間ではありますが、十分にお楽しみください。

Greeting for a event

Please check the remarks.

Good afternoon, everyone.
    I am XXX XXX, the director (museum curator )of Yokiso Villa. (yes, this looks good)

Thank you very much for participating in the International Exchange event today!
    Before WW2, Yokiso welcomed many foreign students from other Asian countries. This made up an International community. The students who stayed here at Yokiso later contributed to strengthening straighten ties between their country and Japan our countries (it's clearer to be inclusive here).

We would like to pass continue the brilliant history of Yokiso by continuing its traditions (I understand your meaning behind this phrase, but you can word it a few different ways. This way makes sense to me but you might want to be more specific than my phrase "by continuing its traditions"...).
    この輝かしい歴史を受け継ぎたいです。

We would like to welcome all of you; many foreign students and foreign residents in Nagoya get together and enjoy the culture of other each other's countries. We believe the this event will help us to understand other people with different backgrounds.

Today, please try to talk with as many people from foreign countries as you can. We hope you will have new friends by the end of the event.

Our event is not very long but we hope you will enjoy it and have a meaningful learning experience. Thank you.
    それでは、短い時間ではありますが、十分にお楽しみください。