The meaning of the song To sinhala speakers, please could you translate this song for me? I do understand most of it but I just want to ensure my translation is correct! I like this song very much and I would appreciate it if you can translate :) Ayeth Handanna kandulak unanna Ai me hamuwanne Himi nethi oyawa hitha yata thiyana Duk windalai hitha hedune Oba hinahenna oba raja dahane Man thamath mage thani heene Duppath kamata na himi preme Ekai man oben wen wenne
Thank You! Now I understand the meaning, it has really helped a lot and is much appreciated :)
First comment didn't appear as it was supposed to be...so i tried again...Shenal has done done it perfectly...but i though to give another try from another aspect. Please consider that the words, i have put here are not the exact meaning of the english word..It's impossible to find such words Ayeth (again) Handanna(cry) kandulak (a drop of tear)unanna (to rush out(to appear) --to cry,to tear-- Ai (why) me(like this) hamuwanne ( meet)---- why we meet like this------ Himi( have ) nethi(not) oyawa(you ) hitha (mind)yata (in the bottom ) thiyana (keeping)------ i don't have you..but i keep you in my mind.------- Duk windalai(suffered ) hitha(mind) hedune ( fixed(changed))----- i fixed my mind but i suffered a lot before fixing my mind.---- Oba (you)hinahenna (smile) oba ( your)raja dahane (kindom )------- you may live happily in your life(new) ------Man ( i )thamath(still) mage (my)thani(alone) heene ( dream )----i'm still dreaming alone.------- Duppath kamata(to poverty) na himi (don't belong) preme (love )-----poor guys not supposed to have love---- Ekai (thats'why )man ( I ) oben(from you) wen wenne (leave)--- that's why i 'm going to let you go..
Shenal has done done it perfectly...but i though to give another try from another aspect. Please consider that the words i have put here are not the exact meaning of the english word..It's impossible to find such words Ayeth Handanna kandulak unanna ---sinhala again to cry a drop of tear to rush out(to appear)---word by word to cry,to tear-------------------the meaning alltogether Ai me hamuwanne why like this meet why we meet like this Himi nethi oyawa hitha yata thiyana have not you mind in the bottom keeping i don't have you..but i keep you in my mind. Duk windalai hitha hedune suffered mind fixed(changed) i fixed my mind but i suffered a lot before fixing my mind. Oba hinahenna oba raja dahane you smile your kindom you may live happily in your life(new) Man thamath mage thani heene i still my alone dream i'm still dreaming alone. Duppath kamata na himi preme to poverty don't have love poor guys not supposed to have love Ekai man oben wen wenne thats'why I from you leave that's why i 'm going to let you go..
Ayeth Handanna kandulak unanna Ai me hamuwanne (1st 2 lines - why we meet to cry again ) Himi nethi oyawa hitha yata thiyana Duk windalai hitha hedune ( 3rd & 4th - I know that we can't live together, so I made my mind to live without you. but it was so hard ) Oba hinahenna oba raja dahane Man thamath mage thani heene ( you simile in your kindom, I'm still live in my isolated dream) Duppath kamata na himi preme Ekai man oben wen wenne (I'm leaving you because Love is not belongs to a poor man like me. ) Story is - The boy is a poor man, He fall in love with a rich girl. the boy came to girl's home as a servant. they stay together, love together but one day they caught to her mother. they ( parent ) beat him and kick him out . so the boy sings the song that they can't live together bcoz of the class difference ( rich and poor )