Cover letter

Dear Sir, Madam,

Being French and currently doing a training course in a language centre in Glasgow (GISOEL), I would like to apply for a job or a training course in your language centre.

I am particularly interested in education and I would like to have more experience in this field in order to pass my PGDE in French later.

Being graduated in English philology from a French university, I extended my knowledge of education when I worked as a teacher for a French company (“Premier de la classe”) during my time as a student in France. Indeed, I used to teach English to adults every Sunday morning and to give private lessons to struggling students in the evening. In addition, I used to meet my former English teacher in her class to do a training course once a week.

During my time as an au pair in England, I studied English (Sixth Form Farnham College) and passed my ESOL (English for speakers of other languages) exam. I also taught French giving lessons to children every Saturday. Moreover, I helped everyday the child in my host family with his homework and this experience confirmed to me that I would like to work in education.

As far as my experience in England is concerned, I did a training course in a secondary school (Weydon School, Farnham) and a primary school (St Andrew's, Farnham) to know what a French teacher life in the United Kingdom really is. I often spoke with a French teacher from Sixth Form Farnham College about her job (I sometimes stayed in her classroom to observe her lessons).

I have a lively interest in education and would appreciate the opportunity to broaden my knowledge by working with you.

I also would welcome the opportunity to discuss further details of the position with you personally.

Yours faithfully,

Mathias Gervaise

Cover letter

Dear Sir or Madam,  

I am a native speaker of French with extensive language-teaching experience, currently pursuing a training course at GISOEL language centre in Glasgow.  Given my qualifications and interests, I would like to apply for a job or a training course **which job?  which training course? better to pick one, especially as one has a salary and the other takes a fee!**  at XYZ language centre. **name the center to which you are applying.**

I am particularly interested in **language?** education and I would like to increase my experience in this field as preparation for my **name the test** exam (PGDE) in French.

My knowlegde of education is grounded in my degree in English philology from **name the university**, **name the city**, France.  I extended this knowledge by working as a teacher for “Premier de la classe,” a French **tutoring?** company, during my time as a student. Indeed, I used to teach English to native French-speaking adults every Sunday morning and to give private lessons to struggling students in the evening. In addition, I used to meet my university English teacher to do a training course once a week.

During my time as an au pair in England, I studied English in the Sixth Form at Farnham College, and passed my ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages) exam. I also taught French, giving lessons to children **of what age?  how many?  give them lots of concrete examples of your experience.** every Saturday. Even in my personal hours, I helped the child in my host family with his homework.   This experience confirmed to me that I would like to work in education.

I enriched my understanding of the life of a French teacher in the United Kingdom by completing training courses in both a primary (St Andrew's, Farnham) and a secondary school (Weydon School, Farnham). I often sought advice from a French teacher in the Sixth Form at Farnham College about her job, and had the opportunity to observe her lessons in the classroom.

Yours faithfully,

Mathias Gervaise