Helton Ritter
Are we living an anesthetized life? As you probably know “the night is dark and full of terror”, and so the day is. We deal day by day with our future, with our survival, with our possibilities of success or failure. Each decision we do runs an evaluation of tons of future possibilities and our previous experience in order to bring us a safe path to our goals. It happens however that decide all the times for the safer way, start anesthetizing you, may lower your expectations and leaves you to an unpleasant daily life compared as we meant to be. We all feel small and unprotected in the face of that many challenges that surround our existence. During continuous generations, humanity has developed skills to protect what we already have: our family, friends, our goods and nowadays our median “Job”. This “so-so” job bring us what we need, great coworkers, a good enough salary, a long term perspective of growing inside the company and the company growing by itself. Sounds great! It fulfills what we need, makes possible a secure and comfortable enough life. Except a day you remember …. … Your remember your naïve and somehow different expected life you planned years ago. Tears roll down in your face, remembering the steps you climbed to be and to achieve all you got. The first naïve idea shine in your mind again, and you realize that you may have taken the wrong path in some point. And now, are you willing to go back, lose some, and start again? Back to square one? Seriously? And what will you do with your current obligations? Anesthetized life, we are incarcerated in our own decisions. Even if it hurt, the change you want should be done, otherwise neither morphine or opium will be enough to satisfy a hungry mind dedicated in prove the taste of a dream coming true.

Are we living an anesthetized life?

As you probably know, “the night is dark and full of terror”, and so is the day is. We deal day by day with our future, with our survival, with our possibilities of success or failure. Each decision we make runs the possibility of tons of future possibilities and our previous experience in order to bring us a safe path to our goals. It happens however that deciding all the times for the safer way starts anesthetizing you, may lower your expectations, and leaves you to an unpleasant daily life compared with what we are meant to be.

We all feel small and unprotected in the face of so many challenges that surround our existence. During continuous generations, humanity has developed skills to protect what we already have: our family, friends, our goods and nowadays our median “Job”. This “so-so” job bring us what we need - great coworkers, a good enough salary, a long term perspective of growing inside the company and the company growing by itself. Sounds great! It fulfills what we need, makes possible a secure and comfortable enough life. Except the day you remember ….

… Your remember you're naïve and somehow expected a different, one that you planned years ago. Tears roll down in your face, remembering the steps you climbed to be and to achieve all you've got. The first naïve idea shines in your mind again, and you realize that you may have taken the wrong path in some point. And now, are you willing to go back, lose something, and start again? Back to square one? Seriously? And what will you do with your current obligations?

In an anesthetized life, we are incarcerated in our own decisions. Even if it hurts, the change you want should be made, otherwise neither morphine or opium will be enough to satisfy a hungry mind dedicated to proving the taste of a dream coming true.

<em>[Good work, well written]</em>

Decide better may not be the point. Cause on the way we don't know exactly what will happens in the future in consequence of that decision. The point is, be willing to lost something to go back, and try to do different. Complicated hum? Cheers from Brazil
i have thought about my life a lot, about mt decisions, about what i have done so far, i am not satisfied by a lot of them, but after all i ask myself if i could decide better if i had another chance to live my life from the first?