THE AFTERMATHS OF VIETNAM (2/2)

The Vietnamese conflict had also floods the boarders and touches the Cambodia when the American troops left the country in 1975. More than 3 million of Cambodian citizens were slaughtered by the Red Khmers such as the end of the Britannic movie The Killing Fields (1984) , chronicle of the Year 0 of the regime throughout the point of view of two journalists the Cambodian Dith Pran and the New Yorkers Sydney Schanberg. The movie describes the efforts of Pran to survive and escape from one of the most fearsome work camp of the regime.

At the 21th Century, the representations of the Viet Nam reflected a new political context. At the beginning of the Iraq war We Were Soldiers (2002) with Mel Gibson brings a positive vision of the American intervention.

THE AFTERMATHS OF VIETNAM (2/2)

The Vietnamese conflict also led to destabilisation in neighbouring Cambodia when the American troops left the country in 1975. More than 3 million Cambodian citizens were slaughtered by the Khmer Rouge as depicted in the Brittish movie The Killing Fields (1984) , which chronicled the Year 0 of the regime from the point of view of two journalists, the Cambodian Dith Pran and the New Yorker Sydney Schanberg. The movie describes the efforts of Pran to survive and escape from one of the most fearsome work camps of the regime. 

In 21th Century, representations of the Vietnam conflict reflected a new political climate. At the beginning of the Iraq war, We Were Soldiers (2002) with Mel Gibson portrayed the American intervention positively.