My Old Friend 我的老朋友

I have a small bicycle, the length does not exceed one metre and adjustable in height. I like to go for a walk with it. When I am tired it can take me a ride and does not occupy much space in elevators, it is so convenient. The good friend has followed me silently for decade. One day I lost it in the market when I bought breakfast and unlocked. I reminded that something missed in the evening and looked for it in a hurry. I thought my bicycle must be lost. Arrived the market I finded my bicycle locked in the breakfast stands with a big lock. The booth owner helped me to save.

I found my old friend the next day. Looking at my lost-and- found bicycle my heart feel more treasured.

我有一辆小自行车,长度不过一米,高度可以伸缩。我喜欢带它去散步,走累了会带我一程,电梯里不占地方,很方便。这个好朋友默默地跟随了我十几年。一次我去买早饭,把车子丢在市场里了,而且没上锁,到了晚上突然想起自己少了点什么,匆匆忙忙赶紧去找,心想我的自行车一定是丢了。到了市场我发现车子与早饭摊用一条大锁锁了起来,摊主帮我保存起来了。
第二天我找回了我的老朋友。看着失而复得的自行车,心中倍感珍惜。

My Old Friend 我的老朋友

I have a small bicycle, the its length does not exceed/is at most one a metre and it is adjustable in height. I like to go for a ride walk with (haha) on it. When I am tired it can take me for a ride and does not occupy much space in elevators, it is so convenient. This good friend has followed me silently for a decade. One day I lost it in the market when I bought breakfast and left it unlocked. I suddenly remembered/found reminded that something is missing in the evening and looked for it in a hurry. I thought my bicycle must be lost. When I arrived at the market I found my bicycle locked in the breakfast bicycle stands with a big lock. The booth owner helped me to save it.

I found my old friend the next day. Looking at my lost-and-found bicycle my heart felt more treasured/as though I was cherished.

第二天我找回了我的老朋友。看着失而复得的自行车,心中倍感珍惜。

My Old Friend 我的老朋友

I have a small bicycle, the length size does not exceed one metre and is adjustable in height. I like to go take it out for a walk with it. [You are personifying it and so it is ok.  This ties in with your title.  Normally we would have written something like, "I like to ride on it"] When I am tired, it can take me a ride and would take me to other places without complain. [You translation is correct but does not work in English] It does not occupy much space in elevators, it is and so very convenient. The My good but silent friend has followed been with me silently for decade. [Again your translation is correct but in English, this shows consideration to a friend and not some loyal servant] One day Once, I almost lost it in the market when I bought went there to buy/get breakfast and un because I forgot to locked it. I reminded felt something was amiss until that something missed in the evening when I realized what had happened and hurriedly went back to looked for it in a hurry. [Your original says, "It was not until evening when I realized something was amiss and hurriedly went back to look for it." I thought my bicycle must will be stolen lost. [You cannot use "lost" here.  The bicycle cannot get lost on its own] Upon arrival at the market I finded found my bicycle was padded locked in the breakfast stands with a big lock by the breakfast stand. The booth owner helped me to save.[Although 保存 = "preserve", "protect and save", it is not necessary here.  It is understood from context.  If you have to use, "protect" is the correct word.]

I found was with [although it is okay in Chinese, it is not appropriate in English.  You have already found it the night before, so you know where it is.  All you have to do is to ask the shop owner to unlock it for you.]my old friend the next day. Looking at my lost-and- found bicycle, my heart feel felt more treasured. it became more cherished.  Again your translation is correct but this not the way English expresses the sentiment.

第二天我找回了我的老朋友。看着失而复得的自行车,心中倍感珍惜。