(213 I would like you to correct me if there are mistakes. Thanks!

The old man had not opened his mouth even until then. He simply stood still as if he engraved that moment in his mind forever. That memory would have to be alive in his mind at least until tomorrow morning. Just by that moment he had to hike through the frigid weather to come here again.

Please help me make my writing read naturally.

The old man had not opened his mouth even until then. He simply stood still as if he engraved that moment in his mind forever (in order to make this more natural, you may want to reword this by saying something like '...stood still, wishing he could engrave...' or '...stood still, hoping he could preserve...'. You can better communicate the connection between the man standing still and his feelings about this moment with these words rather than 'as if'). That memory would have to be alive in his mind at least until tomorrow morning. Just (encouraged or some synonyms for encouraged would sound better) by that moment he had to (obviously, he is not hiking because he is encouraged! You should show that he is using the encouragement to hike through the weather, that he is gaining strength from it. I would say something like '...he had to gain strength/determination/energy...) to hike through the frigid weather to come here again.

Good work! Sorry I missed this entry earlier, or I would have corrected it then. :) I'm looking forward to the next part of this story.