Can you correct it? Thanks a lot!

The film shows a scene where there is a man who is filling up with petrol his car using biodiesel since on the petrol pump it's written 'green' . Therefore, the man chose biodisel thinking that he is buying a green and renewable energy because it is how is being marketed.
But, by means of using the sociological imagination we look into the commodity chain from an objective point of view, we see that biodiesel is causing deforestation and destroying the natural envioroment and the extintion of many animals such as the orang-utans.
In Indonesia, the main oil-palm biodiesel producer, under the demand pressure for renewable combustible and the wood industry, each minute we is loosing an equivalent surface of 300 football fields.
A sustainable enery is the one able to satisfy the current needs without endangering the resources and capacities of the future generations.
Then, using this sociological imagination we realise that we are being fooled and that biodiesel is very far from what is a sustainable energy.

Can you correct it? Thanks a lot!

The film shows a scene where there is a man who is filling up with petrol his car up with using biodiesel since on the petrol pump it's written because the word 'green' is written on the pump. Therefore, the man chose biodisel thinking that he is buying a green and renewable energy because it is how is being marketed that way.
    But, by means of using the with sociological imagination if we look into the commodity chain with sociological imagination, from an objective point of view, we see that biodiesel is causing deforestation, and destroying the natural envioroment, and causing the extinction of many animals such as the orang-utans.
    In Indonesia, the main oil-palm-oil biodiesel producer, under the demand pressure for renewable combustible and the wood industry, each minute we is loosing an surface area equivalent surface of to 300 football fields every minute, due to the high demand for renewable fuels and pressure from the wood industry.
    A Truly sustainable energy is the one able to satisfy the current needs without endangering the resources and capacityies of the future generations to meet their needs.
    Then, using this sociological imagination we realise that we are being fooled and that biodiesel is very far from what is a being a type of sustainable energy.

***

Very interesting entry!

As a quick side note, while the "wood industry" is not wrong, it is usually called the forestry industry, even though their purpose is usually to get rid of forests! You may even want to specify what the industry specifically wants wood for (lumber? pulp and paper?). Or you can even just say "... due to extensive logging and the high demand for renewable fuels."

Also, there are a couple of regional wording differences you will probably want to be aware of if you use this for an international audience at some point:

1. "Petrol" is used in UK, Australia, etc, but in US and Canada, the word "gas" or "gasoline" is virtually always used.

2. "Football" everywhere except in the US and Canada is the FIFA sport with the round white ball, and is played on a "pitch". In the US and Canada, that game is called "soccer" and "football" is an entirely different sport (with a brown oblong ball) played on a "field", which is not the same size as a soccer pitch. (To make it worse, Canadian and US football fields are also different sizes!) As long as the 300 doesn't have to be accurate, it won't be a problem, but might be worth keeping in mind.

Can you correct it? Thanks a lot!

The film shows a scene where there is a man who is filling up his car with petrol his car using biodiesel because there is a sign on the petrol pump saying 'green'. Therefore, the man chose biodisel thinking that he was buying a green and renewable energy because that is how it is being marketed.
    But, by means of using the sociological imagination, we can look into the commodity chain from an objective point of view. We see that biodiesel is causing deforestation, and destroying the natural envioroment and contributing to the extintion of many animals, such as the orang-utans.

In Indonesia, the main oil-palm biodiesel producer, which is under the demand pressure from the demand for both renewable combustibles and the wood industry, each minute we are losing an equivalent surface area of 300 football pitches every minute.
    So, using this sociological imagination, we realise that we are being fooled and that biodiesel is very far from being a sustainable energy.