shamu_sibyl
basic words when should ka, ki, ko,ke used in hindi? when to use mai and main as well as ho and hoon
Hey, I can help you learn hindi :) Add my skype - itsgoodtobefriends
ka.ki.ke.are possessive case.Their English equivalent is "of" or alternatively the use of apostrophe.
The use of postpositions ka, ki and ke (in Hindi, we have postpositions instead of prepositions as they are placed after the noun or pronoun: just FYI). You see, most non-native-Hindi speaker often get confused whether it’s, for example, tale ka chabhi or tale ki chabhi (key of lock); uska patni or uski patni (his wife), etc? So how do you decide? The rule of thumb in this case is very simple: Gender of the postpositions ka, ki, or ke is same as the gender of the noun after the postpositions ka, ki, or ke. So in case of chabhi and tala, the noun after the postposition, chabhi, is feminine so it is tale ki chabhi. Similarly, in the second case, since patni is a female, the right form here is uski patni. Now coming to a very good example, my special peeve: - aloo ka paratha ( paratha of potato), aloo ke parathae - aloo ki roti, aloo ki rotiyan. First thing first. Yes, there is a ‘ka’ in the middle of aloo and paratha. Calling it ‘aloo paratha’ is wrong Hindi. And this one gets me to grind my teeth and close my fist while trying hard not to hit any thing. (Deep breath, count backwards. Okay. Where were we? Right..) Please don’t use the term, 'aloo partha'. It takes a micro second more to add a ka, ki or ke in middle. Moving to the second point. Did you notice how ka becomes ke when we have multiple parthae (mmm, yummy), but ki remains ki even if the quantity of roti changes? Yep, you got it. The plural form of ki is also ki, and not ke (another fairly common mistake). Similarly, we say gobhi ke pakode and diwali ki mithaiyan. "mai" means "in" like................ pen meri pocket me hai/The pen is in my pocket. "main" means "i"...............main mechanical engineer hun/ i am a mechanical engineer. "ho" is used with "you/tum"..........tum kya kar rahi ho?/what are you doing? "hoon or hun" is used only with "I-Main"