Un-English like phrases

I have been having problems with the French phrase construction. Below are a bunch of questions and their English translations that I think are correct. Corrections appreciated.

French phrase (word for word translation) actual translation

C'est ça? (This is it?) Is that it?

Comment ça va? (How it is going?) How are you?

ça va? (It's going?) How's it going? - informal

Qu'est-ce quoi? (What is this what?) What is it?

Qu'est-ce quoi vas tu? (What is this what is going to?) What are you going to?

Je mange depuis que elle préfare des légumes. (I am eating -since indicator- she prefers vegetables) I have been eating since she prefers vegetables.
-- does depuis que work for conveying time or a sentiment? i.e. "Since noon" and "Since she wants"

Un-English like phrases

C'est ça? (This is it?) Is that it?

Qu'est-ce quoi? qu'est-ce que c'est ? (What is this what?) What is it?

Qu'est-ce quoi vas tu? Où est-ce que tu vas ? (What is this what is going to?) What where are you going to?

Je mange depuis qu'elle préfare (prépare? préfère?) des légumes. (I am eating -since indicator- she prefers vegetables) I have been eating since she prefers vegetables.
    -- does depuis que work for conveying time or a sentiment? no it doesn't work this way i.e. "Since noon" = depuis midi and "Since she wants" puisqu'elle veut

Un-English like phrases

C'est ça? (This is it?) Is that it?

Comment ça? (What is this?) What is it?

More notebook entries written in French