De nuevo: Ser vs Estar

¡Hola a todos!

He estado aprendiendo y hablando el español durante 6 meses ahora y ya no sé la diferencia entre SER y ESTAR. Les he estado pidiendo las muchas personas que es la diferencia y han estado dandome muchas respuestas, pero ya no lo aprendí. Ahora, voy a escribir algunas oraciones y las traducciónes en el inglés y les pido que me digan si ellas están correctas.

- Es facíl. - It is (has always been and will always be) easy.
- Está facíl. - (In this moment, temporarily) It is easy (before it changes and then it might not be).
- Soy rubio. - I am blond (that's my natural hair color, since birth, and will be till I die).
- Estoy rubio. - I am blond (Look guys! I've just dyed my hair blond!)---I'm not sure about this one because my hair color is not temporary.
- Eres segura. - You are sure (you are a very secure person by nature).
- Estás segura. - You are sure (about the answer to the question I've just asked you).
- Seremos romanticos. - We will be romantic (for the rest of our lives).
- Estaremos romanticos. - We will be romantic (for one second).---Not sure about this one too because being romantic isn't a temporary quality.
- Eran lejos. - They were (will aways be) far apart.
- Estaban lejos. - They were (and in a second they were not) far apart.

Por favor, lean estos ejemplos y corrijanlos. Por favor, diganme que errores he hecho.

Gracias por la ayuda.

I would only like to add some comments regarding to Estefanía's corrections.

Está fácil --> It's not used in Spain but it's in Latinamerica as she said. I'm from Mexico and here there's an example: This exam is a piece of cake. = Este examen está fácil.

Estarémos románticos --> In Mexico we'll use it as a temporary situation. For example: In our honeymoon we'll be romantic. = En nuestra luna de miel estarémos románticos.

Eran lejos doesn't exist. We always use estaban lejos. The verb "ser" + "lejos" is used to talk about where events are happening. For example: The party is (happening) far from here. = La fiesta es lejos de aquí.

Hope this help you a little bit more in your Spanish learning process.

De nuevo: Ser vs Estar

¡Hola a todos!

He estado aprendiendo y hablando el español durante 6 meses ahora y ya no sé la diferencia entre SER y ESTAR. Les he estado pidiendo preguntando las muchas personas que cual es la diferencia y han estado dandome muchas respuestas, pero ya no lo aprendí he aprendido. Ahora, voy a escribir algunas oraciones y las traducciónes en el inglés y les pido que me digan si ellas están correctas.

- Es facíl. - It is (has always been and will always be) easy. Right
    - Está facíl. - (In this moment, temporarily) It is easy (before it changes and then it might not be).I wouldn't say that. I've heard latinamerican speakers use it, but in Spain it is incorrect. Here we'll use just "es fácil". However sometimes we use the expression "está complicado" or "está dificil", for saying things like "It's going to be difficult/complicated to win the match"="Ganar el partrido está complicado", but this is coloquial and can be used just in some occasions.
    - Soy rubio. - I am blond (that's my natural hair color, since birth, and will be till I die). Right
    - Estoy rubio. - I am blond (Look guys! I've just dyed my hair blond!)---I'm not sure about this one because my hair color is not temporary. I wouldn't say this either, it doesn't sound right and now you are blond, so "eres rubio".
    - Eres segura. - You are sure (you are a very secure person by nature). Right
    - Estás segura. - You are sure (about the answer to the question I've just asked you). Right 
    - Seremos romanticos. - We will be romantic (for the rest of our lives). Right
    - Estaremos romanticos. - We will be romantic (for one second).---Not sure about this one too because being romantic isn't a temporary quality. Incorrect. It is just "somos románticos", that is something that you are or you're not (it's not temporary (like you say)).
    - Eran lejos. - They were (will aways be) far apart. You can use "era lejos" as well as "está lejos" but only to refer to a place (and not in all cases) ¿Donde está la tienda? No era muy lejos de aquí/No estaba muy lejos de aquí. (I don't know how can I explain this one, sorry)
    - Estaban lejos. - They were (and in a second they were not) far apart. Right (it doesdn't matter if they're going to move or not, it's always "estar").

Gracias por la ayuda.

I'm sorry. I know I didn't give you a good explanation. I can only send you here http://www.studyspanish.com/verbs/lessons/piserestar.htm

More notebook entries written in Spanish