My accident in America

Several yers ago my daughter and I went to Belingham, the State of Washington, to see my good American friends who used to live and teach English in Prague.

The first night there was a horrible storm in their area. Our friends’ cats got scared and one of them fell behind a wardrobe in our bedroom and could not get out. With no light I jumped out of bed to help the cat. Unfortunately, I stood on a cat toy.

The next day my foot got swollen. I could not walk properly and therefore we decided to go to the hospital. I was glad that I had an insurance. Such a visit would have cost me a fortune! The doctor checked an X-ray of my food and said that I just twisted my ankle. I was adviced not to walk very much and rest more. I also got a special big boot which I was supposed to wear all the time.

Well, we were in America… of course, I walked a lot to see places in Washinton. Although I suffered from pain, I managed to do a lot of things with my friends.

We returned to the Czech Republic. I still had a lot of pain in my foot. I went to the doctor again to check what was wrong. The doctor sent me to MR. The result was unbelievable. My ankle was broken…

OOPT

My accident in America

Several years ago my daughter and I went to Belingham, the State of Washington, USA, to see visit my good American friends who used to live and teach English in Prague.

The first night, there was a horrible storm in their area. Our friends’ cats got scared and one of them fell behind a wardrobe in our bedroom and could not get out. With no light I jumped out of bed to help the cat. Unfortunately, I stood on a cat-toy.

The next day my foot got was swollen and I could not walk properly, and Therefore so we decided to go to the hospital. I was glad that I had an insurance; such a visit would have cost me a fortune! The doctor checked an X-ray of my foodt and said that I had just only twisted my ankle. I was advised not to walk very much and to rest more. I also got a special big boot which I was supposed to wear all the time.

Well, we were in America… of course, I walked a lot to see places in Washinton. Although I suffered from pain it was painful, I managed to do a lot of things with my friends.

When we returned to the Czech Republic, I still had a lot of pain in my foot. I went to the doctor again to check what was wrong. The doctor sent me to the MR. (what is 'MR'? - Medical Room / clinic?) The result was unbelievable. My ankle was broken…

My accident in America

Several yeаrs ago, my daughter and I went to Belingham, the State of Washington, to see my good American friends who used to live and teach English in Prague.

The first night there was a horrible storm in their area. Our friend's cats got scared and one of them fell behind a wardrobe in our bedroom and could not get out. With no light I jumped out of bed to help the cat. Unfortunately, I stood on a cat toy.

The next day my foot got swollen. I could not walk properly and therefore we decided to go to the hospital. I was glad that I had an insurance. Such a visit would have cost me a fortune! The doctor checked an X-ray of my foot and said that I just twisted my ankle. I was adviced not to walk very much and rest more. I also got a special big boot (cast?) which I was supposed to wear all the time.

Well, we were in America… of course, I walked a lot to see places in Washington. Although I suffered from pain, I managed to do a lot of things with my friends.

Wow, Jitka! Beautifully written and quite astonishing! I am struck by your inner strength and resolve to continue walking despite your injury, to live and enjoy the moment with friends. Even though this meant that you later dealt with a broken ankle. How long did your broken ankle heal? У меня тоже был несчастный случай в этом году, когда упал с велосипеда, после чего нельзя было ни кататься, ни плавать. Теперь я стараюсь избегать несчастных случаев, чтобы больше наслаждаться жизнью.