Banya
Please answer my questions and Merry Christmas! A: "Why the long face?" B: "I'm getting sick of work man. I can't take the political bull in the company any more." A: "Did you just get your 1)review or something?" B: "Yeah, but that's not why I am upset. I just found out another guy got a promotion. He doesn't know how to do anything. He sits there and kisses the managers butt all day long." A: "That sucks." B: "I'm just pissed 2)that management can't see behind his smooth talking lies." A: "Look on the bright side. At least you have a job." B: "Yeah. I shouldn't stress about this anymore. It's not like I can do anything about it." 1) What is the meaning of the review? Is it kind of a employes appraisal or a rumor? 2) I guess the sentence is a little bit weird. Is it correct grammcally? If I say like this. "I'm just pisse that the mangement can't see what behind his smooth talking lies." Am I correct? If I am wrong, how can I say this?
Dec 24, 2013 2:52 PM
1

Please answer my questions and Merry Christmas!

A: "Why the long face?" Means: why are you so sad or upset?

B: "I'm getting sick of work man. I can't take the political bull in the company any more."  Means: I feel like I can no longer accept or take the decisions and way the company is run (possibly influenced by the government or acting like a government structure)

A: "Did you just get your 1)review or something?"

B: "Yeah, but that's not why I am upset. I just found out another guy got a promotion. He doesn't know how to do anything. He sits there and kisses the managers butt all day long." Kisses the managers butt all day MEANS : he talks sweetly to or just agrees with everything the manager says or wants in order to get favours from the boss ,like a promotion.

A: "That sucks." Means: that is too bad - possibly unfair or undeserved

B: "I'm just pissed 2)that management can't see behind his smooth talking lies." pissed Means: very upset or mad, see behind his smooth talking lies MEANS can't discern that he is just adeptly lying to get what he wants:

A: "Look on the bright side. At least you have a job." Means: be positive and look at the good part of the situation

B: "Yeah. I shouldn't stress about this anymore. It's not like I can do anything about it." Means: you shoul not get too overly upset and dwell on the situation and allow it too cause you stress.

1) What is the meaning of the review? Is it kind of a employes appraisal or a rumor? Review in a work setting means a report or evaluation of your strengths and weaknesses and goals etc as an employee of a company

2) I guess the sentence is a little bit weird. Is it correct grammcally?

If I say like this. "I'm just pissed that the mangement can't see what behind his smooth talking lies." Am I correct? If I am wrong, how can I say this?

1

A: "Why the long face?"

B: "I'm getting sick of work man. I can't take the political bull in the company any more."

B: "Yeah, but that's not why I am upset. I just found out another guy got a promotion. He doesn't know how to do anything. He sits there and kisses the managers butt all day long."

A: "That sucks."

B: "I'm just pissed 2)that management can't see behind his smooth talking lies."

A: "Look on the bright side. At least you have a job."

B: "Yeah. I shouldn't stress about this anymore. It's not like I can do anything about it."

1) What is the meaning of the review? Is it kind of a employes appraisal or a rumor?

<em>[A review is an appraisal or analysis of someone's or some group's work in a recent period - a month, year, or some pre-defined period.  I get a six-month review from my supervisor.]</em>

2) I guess the sentence is a little bit weird. Is it correct grammatically? [<em>Yes</em>]

If I say like this. "I'm just pissed that the mangement can't see what's behind his smooth-talking lies." Am I correct? If I am wrong, how can I say this?

<em>You could also say</em> "I'm just pissed that the mangement can't see through his smooth-talking lies."

A: "Why the long face?"      meaning sad .

doesnt like working at this company any more

meaning will do anything to have boss like him  

A: "That sucks."   does not like

Not happy

Be happy

Dont be upset or worried

will look again , will look at documents again , to review

If I say like this. "I'm just pisse that the mangement can't see what behind his smooth talking lies." Am I correct? If I am wrong, how can I say this?

Pissed is just a slang word , swear word , made upword ,  means not happy

Hopefully helps you ,  Ian .