How *not* to buy a sandwich

A few years ago, I was working in the industrial automation field and I was confronted with an almost doomed project in which nobody knew exactly what to do. The situation was raising in me many concerns, especially because the good ending of it all depended on my role.
Needless to say, that I was overwhelmed with work and worries, with my mind constantly drifting away, and I received very scarce help from others. The hours were long and stressful, I skipped many lunches and many hours of sleep.
One day I decided that I should have at least a lunch, so I left the building and I noticed one of those fast-food vans parked at the side of the road. At the moment, I didn't notice it was one of those selling super-spicy southern Italian specialities. I was still thinking of a way to get out alive of the fix I was put in. So I approached absent-mindedly and I asked:

-Please, give me something...

I was looking for the menu that usually is hanged somewhere nearby... no sign of it...

-...something...

I didn't know what to order so I busted out with this:

-something easy to digest!

The van guy immediately disappeared beneath the counter cracking up with laughter, and suddenly I perceived, with the corner of my eye, a bloke I didn't notice before who was sitting there all alone at a little table nearby, and who was about to take the first bite off a big spicy sandwich dribbling some awful sauce. He froze, with the mouth half opened, turned his head towards me and said:

-Well done my dear boy! You've come to the right place!

We all laughed, I ate my sandwich and solved all the problems at work.

How *not* to buy a sandwich

A few years ago, I was working in the field of industrial automation field and I was confronted with an almost doomed project, in which nobody knew exactly what to do. The situation was raising many concerns in me, especially because the outcome good depended on me. 
    Needless to say, I was overwhelmed with work and worries, with my mind constantly drifting away, and I received very little help from others. The hours were long and stressful. I skipped many lunches and lost many hours of sleep.
    One day I decided that I should at least have lunch, so I left the building. I noticed one of those fast-food vans parked at the side of the road. At the time, I didn't notice it was one of those selling super-spicy southern Italian specialities. I was still thinking of a way to get out of the fix alive, so I approached the van absent-mindedly and I said:

-"Please, give me something... "

I was looking for the menu that was usually is hung somewhere nearby... no sign of it...

I stammered: " Give me...something..."

I still didn't know what to order so I busted out with:

-something easy to digest!

The van guy immediately disappeared beneath the counter, cracking up with laughter.  Suddenly, I perceived, out of the corner of my eye, a bloke I hadn't noticed before, who was sitting there all alone at a little table nearby, and who was about to take the first bite off a big spicy sandwich , dribbling some awful sauce. He froze, with his mouth half opened, turned his head towards me and said: