The public me and the private me

I was once asked whether I was an outgoing person in a job interview for a position that involved dealing with visitors a lot. I answered, "Frankly speaking, I think I am an introvert who likes reading and researching. But I can be an extrovert if this is what's asked by some occasions in the job." And guess what? I landed the job.

I still consider myself an introvert, who enjoy spending much of my time in solitude, reading, writing, watching videos, or just doing nothing. I have a great sense of freedom when I am all alone, and I consider "spending time with myself" a daily must for relaxation and reflection. But this side of me may not be desirable in everyday interaction with others, especially at get-togethers and in situations where I act as a host to business partners. So I try to show more of my agregarious side on these occasions by being more lively and talkative. I consider this to be the "public me". In private, I am sentimental and easily given to sad emotions. But I try to play down this part of me and be more positive in public.

I don't think this is faking or anything. Rather, I see both sides the integral part of my real character, although the inner-oriented side is overwhelmingly stronger. I am OK with it most of the time, though at times regret that people fall in love with my smiles only but ignore, purposefully or not, my frowns.

The public me and the private me

I still consider myself an introvert, who enjoys spending much of my her time in solitude1*, reading, writing, watching videos, or just doing nothing. I have a great sense of freedom when I am all alone, and I consider "spending time with myself" a daily must for relaxation and reflection. But this side of me may not be desirable in everyday interaction with others, especially at get-togethers and in situations where I act as a host to business partners. So I try to show more of my agregarious side on these occasions by being more lively and talkative. I consider this to be the "public me". In private, I am sentimental and easily given to sad emotions. But I try to play down this part of me and be more positive in public.

I don't think this is faking or anything. Rather, I see both sides the as an integral part of my real character, although the inner-oriented side is overwhelmingly stronger. I am OK with it most of the time, though at times regret that people fall in love with my smiles only but to ignore2*, purposefully or not, my frowns.

1* or- I enjoy spending much of my time ...

2* I would prefer - 'only to ingore'.

Excellent.

I don't usually work with high level students so I may have missed something.