what is the difficulties when learning a foreign language

Nowadays, Due to the increasingly intensive international communications, mastering at least one foreign language has become more important for a well-educated person than ever before. In fact, in most developing countries, take China as for example, language-training has been more and more popular, or even become a big industry attracting youth to devote their best lifetime.
In spite of great effort and cost, the outcome of learning prove ineffective. It is common for an adult having been studying a foreign language, like English, for up to two decades, can not talk with native speaker freely. Many school are adopt terrible ways of linguistic teaching, focusing only on single words and grammar rules. It seems, however, to be a skill, not a technology: you would not gain such a skill on through reading books, instead, you should practice it again and again, for example arranging a native speaker to talk with or writing notebook entries every day.
As well as this, the cultural differences is another obstacle a language learner faces. For instance, When speaking with a native English speaker, Chinese people tend to speak to talk the exact sentences translating from Chinese. It is very common to say "have you eaten" while two close friends meeting together. But it is incomprehensive for a person from the US to hear this. In other words, you can not possibly grasp a language without knowing the culture concerned related to it. Hence the best way is to get familiar with the culture when learning a language, which can be done through living and working in a native-speaker country.
Learning a language is very hard business. To do it well, not only a lot of practice you need, but also understanding cultures behind it.

Nowadays, due to the increasingly intensive international communications, mastering at least one foreign language has become more important for a well-educated person than ever before. In fact, in most developing countries, take China as for an example, language training has been more and more popular, or and has even become a big industry attracting youth to devote their best lifetime all their time and energy (not sure how to phrase this!). 
    In spite of great effort and cost, the outcome of learning has proven ineffective. It is common for an adult having who has been studying a foreign language, like English, for up to two decades, can not to not be able to talk with native speakers freely. Many school are adopting terrible ways of linguistic teaching, focusing only on single words and grammar rules. It seems, however, to be a skill, not a technology. You would not gain such a skill on through reading books; instead, you should practice it again and again, for example arranging to talk with a native speaker to talk with or writing notebook entries every day.
    As well as this, the cultural differences is are another obstacle a language learner faces. For instance, when speaking with a native English speaker, Chinese people tend to speak to talk the exact sentences translating from Chinese. It is very common to say "have you eaten" while two close friends are meeting together. But it is incomprehensive incomprehensible for a person from the US to hear this. In other words, you can not possibly grasp a language without knowing the culture concerned related to it. Hence the best way is to get familiar with the culture when learning a language which can be done is through living and working in a native-speaker country where that language is spoken.
    Learning a language is very hard business. To do it well, you not only need a lot of practice you need, but you also need to understand the culture understanding cultures behind it.

It is really hard! For me, 学会说汉语非常难!