European Figure Skating Championships

The other day I was watching on TV by chance the last European Figure Skating Championships in Budapest, Hungary. My surprise was that the 22-year-old Spanish skater Javier Fernandez won the gold medal for the second consecutive year.

My question at the time was: Is the world going crazy? You could wonder: Why the surprise? Because when I was a child, the gold and silver medal on Figure Skating in Europe always was won by Russian skaters or skaters from other countries in Eastern Europe where it's freezing. Well, when the championship was a World Championship, it was also normal to see on the podium an American or Canadian skater but not a Spanish one.

In fact, in this championship, the silver medal went to Russian skater Sergei Voronov, the bronze medal went to Russian Konstantin Menshov and fifth place went to another Russian skater too, Maxim Kovtun. Then I thought that, after all, life goes on as usual, doesn't it?

This surprised me because I'm so used to see Spanish doing well in many sports, but not in this one.

Best wishes and my sincere thanks for your corrections.

European Figure Skating Championships

By chance, the other day I was watching on TV by chance the last European Figure Skating Championships in Budapest, Hungary. My surprise To my surprise, was that the 22-year-old Spanish skater Javier Fernandez won the gold medal for the second consecutive year.

My question at the time was: Is the world going crazy? You could might wonder: Why the surprise? Because Well, when I was a child, the gold and silver medals in European Figure Skating in Europe always was were always won by Russian skaters or skaters from other countries in Eastern Europe where it's freezing. Well, Furthermore/In addition/Plus, when the championship was a World Championship, it was also normal to see on the podium an American or Canadian skater on the podium, but not a Spanish one.

In fact, in this championship, the silver medal went to Russian skater Sergei Voronov, the bronze medal went to Russian Konstantin Menshov and fifth place went to another Russian skater too, Maxim Kovtun. Then I thought that, after all, life goes on as usual after all, doesn't it?

This surprised me because I'm so used to seeing the Spanish doing well in many sports, but not in this one.

Have you ever hit the wrong button and all your corrections disappear and the page goes back?  Ugh!  OK so I redid your corrections-

Not much to correct here.  I just moved a few phrases around to make things sound more fluid.

Best of luck to Spain in the Olympics!

Your English is already very good.  Rather than just correct your grammar, I'm going to offer alternate, native expressions. I hope you will find my comments useful.  Again: I don't mean to say that what you wrote was incorrect.

European Figure Skating Championships

The other day I happened to see the last European Figure Skating Championships in Budapest, Hungary, on TV. My surprise was I was surprised to see that the 22-year-old Spanish skater Javier Fernandez won the gold medal for the second consecutive year.

My question at the time was: "Is the world going crazy?" I thought.  You could might wonder: Why the surprise? why I was so surprised.  It's because when I was a child, the gold and silver medal on figure skating in Europe always was won by went to Russian skaters or skaters from other countries in Eastern Europe where it's freezing. Well, when the championship was a World Championship, it was also normal to see an American or Canadian skater on the podium, but not a Spanish one.

European Figure Skating Championships

The other day I was watching TV, by chance they were showing the last European Figure Skating Championships in Budapest, Hungary. To my surprise was that the 22-year-old Spanish skater Javier Fernandez won the gold medal for the second consecutive year.

My question at the time was: Is the world going crazy? You could wonder: Why the surprise? Because when I was a child, the gold and silver medals in Figure Skating in Europe always was always won by Russian skaters or skaters from other countries in Eastern Europe where it's freezing. Well, when the championship was a World Championship, it was also normal to see on the podium an American or Canadian skater but not a Spanish one.

In fact, in this championship, the silver medal went to Russian skater Sergei Voronov, the bronze medal went to Russian Konstantin Menshov and fifth place went to another Russian skater too, Maxim Kovtun. Then I thought that, after all, life goes on as normal, doesn't it? (for me it sounds better)

Well done Fernando, perfect, I did not realise that you had started to write again.

I think the Spanish are getting too good at all sports! This is extremely well written, well done.

European Figure Skating Championships

The other day I was watching on TV by chance the last European Figure Skating Championships in Budapest, Hungary. My surprise was (suggestion: It surprised me) that the 22-year-old Spanish skater Javier Fernandez won the gold medal for the second consecutive year.

My question at the time was, "Is the world going crazy?" You could wonder, "Why the surprise?" Because When I was a child, the gold and silver medal in Figure Skating in Europe was always won by Russian skaters or skaters from other countries in Eastern Europe where it's freezing. Well, when the championship was a World Championship, it was also normal to see on the podium an American or Canadian skater but not a Spanish one.