Leo
THE TABLE (a short story) They had been married for almost ten years. He was a History teacher who would ask life nothing more than good food, a good bed to rest and a lovable partner. She, on the other hand, was a very ambitious lawyer. They had no kids, she couldn´t spare the time for such things. He couldn´t precise the moment in which the love of his life, that gorgeous girl that he had met at university turned into this cut-throat bitch, ready to win the rat-race at any cost. She even didn´t look at him now, her eyes fixed on the flashy screen of her smartphone. For her, of course, it was more than a state-of-the-art mobile phone. For her, it was like holding a beating heart on her right hand. This beautiful gadget was the centre of her life now: it was useful and entertaining, unlike her husband. So he just kept silent, forgotten, taken for granted; watching his youth passing by. Until one afternoon, just before she came back from work, he felt an excruciating pain in the back which made him fell on his knees. The pain turned unbearable and made him get down on all fours now, when he listened the sound of her keys on the door. He gave her an agonizing look, but she didn´t even noticed he was there. Instead, she went to the kitchen and prepared a good cup of fresh coffee while turning on the TV. Then, she just dropped on the sofa, took off her stilettos, and laid her bare feet on his husband back.
Feb 1, 2014 11:29 PM
2

THE TABLE (a short story)

They had been married for almost ten years. He was a history teacher who would ask from life nothing more than good food, a good bed to rest and a lovable partner. She, on the other hand, was a very ambitious lawyer. They had no kids; she couldn´t spare the time for such things. He couldn´t remember the precise moment in which the love of his life, that gorgeous girl that he had met at university turned into this cut-throat bitch, ready to win the rat-race at any cost. She even didn´t look at him now, her eyes fixed on the flashy screen of her smartphone. For her, of course, it was more than a state-of-the-art mobile phone. For her, it was like holding a beating heart in her right hand. This beautiful gadget was the centre of her life now: it was useful and entertaining, unlike her husband.
So he just kept silent, forgotten, taken for granted; watching his youth pass by. Until one afternoon, just before she came back from work, he felt an excruciating pain in the back which made him fall on his knees. The pain became unbearable and made him get down on all fours when he heard the sound of her keys at the door. He gave her an agonizing look, but she didn´t even notice he was there. Instead, she went to the kitchen and prepared a good cup of fresh coffee while turning on the TV. Then, she just dropped on the sofa, took off her stilettos, and laid her bare feet on her husband's back.

bitch = somewhat vulgar, crude. Maybe use instead overbearing woman, spiteful, malicious woman

February 1, 2014
1

THE TABLE (a short story)

They had been married for almost ten years. He was a History teacher who did not ask much of life other than good food, a comfortable bed and a loving partner.  She, on the other hand, was a very ambitious lawyer. They had no kids, she couldn´t spare the time for such things. He couldn´t recall the precise the moment in which the love of his life, that gorgeous girl that he had met at university turned into this cut-throat bitch, ready to win the rat-race at any cost. She even didn´t look at him now, her eyes were always fixed on the flashy screen of her smartphone.   To her, of course,  of course, it was more than a state-of-the-art mobile phone. For her, it was like holding a beating heart in her right hand. This beautiful gadget was the centre of her life now; it was useful and entertaining, unlike her husband.
So he just kept silent, forgotten, taken for granted while watching his youth pass by. Until one afternoon, just before she came back from work, he felt an excruciating pain in his back causing him to fall to his knees. The pain became unbearable and made him get down on all fours.  While listening to the sound of the keys open the door, he gave her an agonizing look.  However, she  but she didn´t even notice he was there. Instead, she went to the kitchen and prepared a good cup of fresh coffee while turning on the TV. Then, she just dropped on the sofa, took off her stilettos, and laid her bare feet on her husband back.

1

THE TABLE (a short story)

They had been married for almost ten years. He was a History teacher who would ask life for nothing more than good food, a good bed to rest and a lovable partner. She, on the other hand, was a very ambitious lawyer. They had no kids, she couldn´t spare the time for such things. He couldn´t precisely remember the moment in which the love of his life, that gorgeous girl that he had met at university, had turned into this cut-throat bitch ready to win the rat-race at any cost. She didn´t even look at him now, her eyes fixed on the flashy screen of her smartphone. For her, of course, it was more than a state-of-the-art mobile phone. For her, it was like holding a beating heart on her right hand. This beautiful gadget was the centre of her life now: it was useful and entertaining, unlike her husband.
So he just kept silent, forgotten and taken for granted; watching his youth pass by. Until one afternoon, just before she came back from work, he felt an excruciating pain in his back which made him fall to his knees. The pain turned unbearable and made him get down on all fours. Now, when he listened the sound of her keys on the door. He gave her an agonizing look, but she didn´t even notice he was there. Instead, she went to the kitchen and prepared a good cup of fresh coffee while turning on the TV. Then, she just dropped on the sofa, took off her stilettos and laid her bare feet on her husband's back.

THE TABLE (a short story)

They had been married for almost ten years. He was a History teacher who would ask of life nothing more than good food, a good bed in which to rest and a lovable partner. She, on the other hand, was a very ambitious lawyer. They had no kids; she couldn´t spare the time for such things. He couldn´t determine the precise the moment in which when the love of his life, that gorgeous girl that he had met at university, had turned into this cut-throat bitch, ready to win the rat-race at any cost. She even didn´t even look at him now, her eyes fixed on the flashy screen of her smartphone. For her, of course, it was more than a state-of-the-art mobile phone. For her, it was like holding a beating heart on in her right hand. This beautiful gadget was the centre of her life now: it was useful and entertaining, unlike her husband.
So he just kept silent, forgotten and taken for granted, watching his youth passing by. Until Then, one afternoon, just before she came back from work, he felt an excruciating pain in the his back, which made him fell fall on his knees. The pain turned unbearable and made him get down on all fours now, when where he listened heard the sound of her keys on in the door. When she crossed the threshold, He he gave her an agonizing look, but she didn´t even noticed notice he was there. Instead, she went to the kitchen and prepared a good cup of fresh coffee while turning on the TV. Then, she just dropped on the sofa, took off her stilettos(no comma needed before the "and") and laid her bare feet on his her husband husband's back.

Remember we were going to talk about idioms? Here are a few relating to your story: - She brought me to my knees - Head over heals in love - Swept off my feet I'm sure you know what they mean, but if not, please let me know :)