Travels

Hello everybody, today I want to speak about travels.

I was born and I live in France but I lived three months in Cambodia for a traineeship in 2010. During these three months, I visited few cities and regions of Cambodia. However, I didn't have time to see everything I want to see.

It's this experiment that gave me the desire to see other countries and not only the touristic destination. That's also one of the reasons which I want to speak in English. I had already travelled before Cambodia but to live in a foreign country and in addition a poor one that was an unique experiment.

Every country has their customs and traditions, their landscapes, their language or their foods! So I want to discover this kind of thing.

Thank you.

Travels

I was born and I live in France but I lived for three months in Cambodia for a traineeship [=an apprenticeship?] in 2010. During these three months, I visited a few [or several] cities and regions of Cambodia. However, I didn't have time to see everything that I (had) wanted to see.

It's this experiment experience that gave me the desire to see other countries and not only the touristic destinations. That's also one of the reasons which that I want to (be able to) speak in English. I had already travelled before Cambodia but to live in a foreign country and in addition a poor developing [=emerging] one that was an* unique experiment.

Every country has their its [=her**] customs and traditions, their its landscapes, their its language(s) or their its foods [=(local/regional) cuisine] ! So I want to discover this kind of thing.

Thank you.

*Even though 'U' is vowel, because it is pronounced like "you" in this case, we use the article 'a'. For example: a ukelele, a union, a university; an umbrella, an ugly duckling, an understanding.

**The word "every" corresponds to a singular noun (country), so it's "its". But in English, countries can also be referred to in the feminine, so "her" is acceptable also.

Excellent, the parenthetical comments are optional, but can be inserted to add a little clarity or for sentence flow.

Travels

Hello everybody, today I want to speak about travelling.

I am from France and living in here but I stay for three months in Cambodia as a trainee in 2010. During those three months, I visited few cities and pleasent spots of Cambodia. Although, due to lack of time I had not been visited to many places to which i wanted to see.

This encounter gave me the desire to see other countries and not only the touristic destination. That's also one of the reason due to which I want to speak in English. I had already travelled before Cambodia but to live in a foreign country and in addition a poor one that was an unmatched experience.

Every country has their customs and traditions, their landscapes, their language or their foods! So I want to discover these kind of things. 

Thank you.

Travels

I was born and I live in France but I lived three months in Cambodia for a traineeship in 2010. During these three months, I visited a few cities and regions of Cambodia. However, I didn't have time to see everything I want to see.

It's this experience that gave me the desire to see other countries and not just tourist destinations. That's also one of the reasons which I want to speak in English. I had already travelled before Cambodia but to live in a foreign country and in addition a developing (more polite/politically correct) one, that was an unique experience.

Every country has their customs and traditions, their landscapes, their language or their foods! So I want to discover these kinds of things.

Thank you.

Salut Myriam, ton anglais est assez bon, très bon travail ! Il y a seulement un peu d'erreurs mineurs. En tout cas, j'espère que tu peux voyager beaucoup. Si tu viens aux États-Unis, tu devrais visiter au Texas ( où je suis d'originaire ), et au Caroline du Nord ( où j'habite pour le moment ). Je pense que tu vas trouver les cultures très intéressants ici.