Mikel
International Mari It´s curious, in Bashkortostan, there is a singular language: Mari language. It´s spoken about 500.000 inhabitants, they are "Mari people" (I have read in internet). In ancient Mesopotamia there was a strong city, Mari was the name. In ancient age there was a santuary in Bagdad, Mari was the Santuary´s name (polytheistic times) The Basques adored a Mari (goddes). It seems that Mari means "mother of earth " (this name is in many "different" regions).
Feb 13, 2014 9:47 PM
1

International Mari

It´s curious, in Bashkortostan, there is a singular language: Mari language.
It´s spoken by about 500.000 inhabitants. They are "Mari people", I have read in internet.
In ancient Mesopotamia there was a strong city, whose name was Mari.
In ancient age there was a santuary in Bagdad, Mari was the santuary´s name in polytheistic times.
The Basques adored a goddess named Mari (goddes).
It seems that Mari means "mother of earth " (this name is in many "different" regions).

<em>[Good work and interesting.]</em>

International Mari

It´s curious, in Bashkortostan, there is a single language spoken: Mari.
It´s spoken by 500.000 inhabitants, They are called the "Mari people", which I had read in internet).
In ancient Mesopotamia they were a strong city, whose name was Mari.
In ancient times there was a santuary in Bagdad, Mari was the santuary´s name in polytheistic times.
The Basques adored a goddess named Mari.

{Kaixo, Mikel It's nice to know something about Basque, which are my people :)}

I have never listen anything about Mari language, but I like the idea of speak and inform about unknowing and interesting things and you do both, Mikel. There are a lot of languages with the danger of run out of speakers and for that it is neccesary respect and support them.