My Great-grandfather during World War II. December 1942

My great-grandfather, Andrey Selyaskin, was a sergeant in the 1260th Rifle Regiment of the 380th Rifle Division and a gunlayer on a 76 mm cannon.
On the 29th of November the 380th Division was inducted into the 30th Army on the Western Front.
In December of 1942 the division participated in the second Rzhev-Cychyovka offensive operation that was also known as Operation “Mars”.
The division was tasked to boost the Volga, capture the village Litvinovo, its adjacent areas and a nameless mountain southwest of Litvinovo, and gain a foothold on the occupied frontiers.
The order execution was entrusted to the 1260th Rifle Regiment.
On the 3rd of December the regiment defeated the combat bridgehead on the Volga bank.
The 380th division conducted heavy offensive operations to expand the occupied bridgehead for the next week.
Then it was in active defense until the 29th of December.
On the 29th the division handed over its defensive line to the 220th Rifle Division and begun a marsh to the area of the Demyansk bridgehead of Nazi forces.

The division was assigned to reinforce the Volga, capture the village of Litvinovo, its adjacent areas and a nameless mountain southwest of Litvinovo, and gain a foothold in the occupied frontiers. 

My great-grandfather, Andrey Selyaskin, was a sergeant in the 1260th Rifle Regiment of the 380th Rifle Division and a gunlayer (interesting to see this word of which I was unaware...) on a 76 mm cannon.
    The division was tasked to boost the Volga (task as a transitive verb is unusual, but correct; however 'boost the Volga' is either incomplete or wrong, I feel - maybe Volga forces?), capture the village Litvinovo, its adjacent areas and a nameless mountain southwest of Litvinovo, and gain a foothold on/in the occupied frontiers.
    The 380th division conducted heavy offensive operations to expand the occupied bridgehead for/throughout the next week.
    Then it was involved in active defense until the 29th of December.
    On the 29th the division handed over its defensive line to the 220th Rifle Division and begun a march to the area of the Demyansk bridgehead of Nazi forces.

Is this writing the work of an official army historian perhaps?