Joy
Unconditional Love I don't think there is unconditional love. More precisely, there is no eternal unconditional love, but there does exist temporary unconditional love. The output and input isn't always exchanged immediately or equally. When they are not always equal, it might be labelled "unconditional love" by some believers. Interestingly, in return, the reason that those believers can bear this kind of inequality between contribution and acquisition is because they believe that the unconditional love exists. Some people might argue that people like to live in imagination but ignore the truth in reality. In my opinion, truth is not always the most important thing. Instead, it is more important that how people's believing/ illusions and the "truth" affect mutually. To some extent, these illusions are unnecessary. The faith in unconditional love does bring about some bad consequence. Some are asking the correspond to love them in return, because "I love you so unconditionally." They don't realise the conflict and then the one who is loved might become a victim of emotional blackmail. Some might become angry because of the unequal sacrifice, but they don't know how to express this anger because they believe unconditional love makes sense. Despite this, there is something not negative. My parents believe that they love me unconditionally. The proving way is not conceptual, but in every detail, like, the "sigh" and tears whey I am ill, the way they look at me, the breakfast they prepare for me, the tone they talk to me, etc. They do give me pressure, because I don't want to owe anyone else too much. However, I can't tell if I like it or not. Even though it is not absolutely unconditional, they give me an imagination that I am loved unconditionally. That is, they let me believe no matter how much failure I make or how bad I am, I can still be back home and be accepted, though this might be never proved. They give me an imagination that they will fight for me to death though they probably can't protect me. They give me an illusion of a "safe home" no matter how fragile it is actually. It seems that I can always be back home and act like a small animal, which doesn't think and lives away from the society, but can still get food and drink from the parents. They love me so much that it's not important to know whether it is conditional or not, and I don't care if it implies my weakness etc., I only know that no one could be tolerant of “me” so “unconditionally” if they died
Feb 21, 2014 8:04 PM
@Dawei, Thank you for your friend request. I'm sorry that currently I don't have time to have a 50-50 language exchange so I haven't added you on QQ. Let's study languages on italki. 一起加油!:)
aah yeah. Quite long ago! haha, Let me go change my self-introduction. Haven't logged in italki for quite a long time!
Did you write this article?