New friends, old friends

Last night I had a great time with some old friends (not so old, but during the graduation so much things happen, and it seems that a long time has spent). And today I was thinking about that, about the conversations we had, the laughs, the... (Sorry my friends, but in portuguese here I'd write "saudades"... I've already found some words in English for "saudade", like "homesick", but I don't trust it very much. Can you help me here?).
Well, let's go back. As I was saying, my old friends were here and this make me think about how things happen fast, change fast. They don't live near me anymore (and soon I'll change of city too), they don't study at the same university than me anymore, they even have some different opinions now. But I love them same way. So we spent time toghether last night, and while they were here I was looking around and thinking: God, what an old television we have, I'm far away from my family, there isn't so much food in the fridge... But I had my iced beer, their fellowship and so much good stories to be told... What a great moment! And if my fridge is not full, my TV is not so good... I know that's just because I'm academic and that's not forever, I really don't care now. But I hope that when I become a big engineering and have a good TV and a full fridge... I still have some good friends around and an iced beer.

New friends, old friends

Last night I had a great time with some old friends (not so old, but during the graduation [university, graduation is specifically the ceremony] so much [many] things happen, and it seems that a long time has spent [passed]). And today I was thinking about that, about the conversations we had, the laughs, the... (Sorry my friends, but in portuguese here I'd write "saudades"... I've already found some words in English for "saudade", like "homesick", but I don't trust it very much. Can you help me here? [they say saudades can't be translated - I don't think that is true, maybe you could say how you deeply miss them and love them]).
    Well, let's go back. As I was saying, my old friends were here and this make [made or makes] me think about how things happen fast, change fast. They don't live near me anymore (and soon I'll change of city [change cities] too), they don't study at the same university than [as, this is a difficult one] me anymore, they even have some different opinions now. But I love them same way. So we spent time toghether [together] last night, and while they were here I was looking around and thinking: God, what an old television we have, I'm far away from my family, there isn't so much food in the fridge... But I had my iced beer, their fellowship and so much good stories to be [were?] told... What a great moment! And if my fridge is not full, my TV is not so good... I know that's just because I'm academic and that's not forever, I really don't care now. But I hope that when I become a big engineering and have a good TV and a full fridge... I still have some good friends around and an iced beer.

More notebook entries written in Portuguese