My Third Post or Are you ready to know everything about my local holidays?

In this post I want to try to explain how my local holidays are.

In the first place, my local holidays are named "Fallas" and it's more famous here, in Valencia (Spain).

Fallas is during March and people love it but me - I truly hate it, but now i'm goint to be neutral to explain it-. The city of Valencia is divided in sections and every section is part of a Falla. The falla is similar to a monument of wood skeleton and covered by polyester -I think it's made this way, you can search on wikipedia if you want to understand this better-.

Fereign people -even my mother- like so much to visit this monuments of wood and polyester and take photos of them. I have to admit that some are very beautiful.

Something important of Fallas is the persons who dressed as "festeros" (I don't know if English language have a word to this term), they are called "Falleros" and they walk through streets with a music band behind playing a typical songs like "El caballo camina pa' alante" -that traslated will be something like "the horse that walks forward" and I know it souns stupid- or "Paquito el chocolatero" -traslated as "Paquito the chocolatier"-. Most of them are singed on valenciano, that is a dialect of Spanish.

Al streets, people throw firecrackers and every night there are fireworks -this is beautiful, you have to belive me-.

This holidays take a week to celebrate but the time of building the Fallas -the monuments i talked about- takes all year long.

Last night of Fallas, the monuments of wood and polyester are burnt. The "falleras" cry and people say goodbye to their holidays until next year.

Everyone seems to like it, but I can't stand the noise, the smell of firecrackers' gunpowder and the city full of people talking out loud and peeing everywhere during party nights. That's really awful.

So, at Fallas I rather go to the mountain with my boyfriend and enjoy the nature.

Fallas is during March and people love it but me - I truly hate it, but now i'm going to be neutral to explain it. The city of Valencia is divided in sections and every section is part of a Falla. The falla is similar to a monument of wood skeleton and covered by polyester. I think it's made this way; you can search on wikipedia if you want to understand this better.

Foreign people -even my mother- enjoy visiting these monuments of wood and polyester and take photos of them. I have to admit that some are very beautiful.

Something important of Fallas is the people who dress as "festeros" (I don't know if the English language have a word to this term...no), they are called "Falleros" and they walk through streets with a music band behind playing a typical songs like "El caballo camina pa' alante" - that traslated will be something like "the horse that walks forward" and I know it sounds stupid (no, it doesn't)- or "Paquito el chocolatero" -traslated as "Paquito the chocolatier"-. Most of them are sung in valenciano, a dialect of Spanish.

In the streets, people throw firecrackers and every night there are fireworks - this is beautiful, you have to believe me.

These holidays take a week to celebrate but the time for building the Fallas -the monuments i talked about- takes all year long.

The last night of Fallas, the monuments of wood and polyester are burnt. The "falleras" cry and people say goodbye to their holidays until next year.

Excellent! Don't be self deprecating about your culture ;)