Anna Permyakova
The Church Of The Former Plague Cemetery There is the Saint John the Baptist Church on the old cemetery of our town. In 1773 the plague struck a lot of Russian cities. The town cemetery was crowded, therefore a plague cemetery was established outside the town limits. A cemetery without a church is a bad thing, so the local citizens built a church there. Nowadays it is the center of the town. Divine services are held in the church, and interesting tombstones of past centuries preserved on that former plague cemetery.
1

Corrections in red.  Variants and sylistic suggestions are shown in blue.

The Church Of The Former Plague Cemetery

The Saint John the Baptist Church is located in the old cemetery in/of our town.
In 1773, the plague struck a lot of Russian cities. The town cemetery was crowded; therefore a plague cemetery was established outside the town limits.
A cemetery without a church is a bad thing, so the local citizens built a church there.
Nowadays, it is the center of the town. Divine services are held in the church, and interesting tombstones of/from past centuries are preserved in the former plague cemetery.

Thank you for the comment! )
Europe has so much history ... I find it a little disconcerting that the church is older than my country :)