Lana
A Dream of Red Mansions Again , i finished watching TV drama program named A Dream of Red Mansions today. This is the third time i watch it.There are several versions of this TV, but i prefer the oldest one staged in 1987,which i think it is more faithful to the original. I got the book A Dream of Red Mansions on my 12-year-old birthday. It was my first time to read it, though i didn't get the true understanding of this book until i was a senior high school student. In my opinion, it is a book that worth us reading . It describes the process of a rich family from prosperity to decline and responses the Chinese people's persecution of the old social system. So if you want to know about the old Chinese society ,you might as well read A Dream of Red Mansions. you may be addicted to it!

"There are several versions of this TV, but i prefer the oldest one staged in 1987,which i think it is more faithful to the original."

This should be written as:

"There have been several TV productions of this story, but i prefer the oldest one from 1987, which i think is more faithful to the original."

Note the use of vocabulary:

1.  We think of different "versions" - for different markets - of the same production.

2. "Staged" is normally used for live production.  Example:  The play was staged at the National Theatre last month.

3.  "Produce" is the verb normally used for television.  Example:  The story was produced as a drama series of 25 episodes by China Central Television.

May I, as a reader of Chinese literature, augment Melany's already good correction.

1.  The book is normally known as "The Dream of the Red Chamber" in English.

2.  "It tells the story of the decline from wealth and power of an official's family, and the communist interpretation sees it an an indictment of the old social system under an imperial regime." 

3.  Please note there are other authoritative literary interpretations which do not take on a Marxist class struggle angle.

4.  Please note the correct use of the standard English construction:

- this is the [first/second/third/...] time I have [done] ...

- this was the [first/second/third] time I had [done]...

A Dream of Red Mansions

Again , i/I finished watching a TV drama program named A Dream of Red Mansions today. This is the third time i/I watched it.There are several versions of this TV/drama, but i/I prefer the oldest one staged in 1987,which i/I think it is more faithful to the original. I got the book A Dream of Red Mansions on my 12-year-old birthday. It was my first time to read it, though i/I didn't get the true understanding of this book until i/I was a senior high school student. In my opinion, it is a book that is worth us reading. It describes the process of a rich family from prosperity that refuses to decline and responses the Chinese people's persecution of the old social system. So if you want to know about the old Chinese society ,you might as well read A Dream of Red Mansions. you may be addicted to it!

Sounds very interesting and good job,

You might have realised already but you write "I" capitalized.