My Great-Grandfather During World War II. January 1945

My great-grandfather, Andrey Selyaskin, was a Soviet soldat, sergeant in the 1381st Anti-Aircraft Artillery Regiment of the 3rd Guards Tank Army of the 1st Ukrainian Front, and a gunlayer on a 76.2 mm cannon.
In early 1945, the 3rd Guards Tank Army participated in the Vistula-Oder offensive. It was a Soviet offensive operation of the 1st Belorussian and 1st Ukrainian Fronts in the area from the Vistula to the Oder which was carried out between 12th of January and 3rd of February, 1945.
They were opposed by the German Army Group A.
The operation was successful. As a result of a three-week throw from the Vistula to the Oder (480 km), the Soviet troops almost completely liberated Poland and entered the territory of Germany.
The units of the Red Army reached the Oder and gain several bridgeheads on its left bank. The Soviet troops located 70 km from Berlin.

Corrections in red. Stylistics in blue.

My great-grandfather, Andrey Selyaskin, was a Soviet soldat,[1] a sergeant in the 1381st Anti-Aircraft Artillery Regiment of the 3rd Guards Tank Army of the 1st Ukrainian Front, and a gunlayer on a 76.2 mm cannon.
    In early 1945, the 3rd Guards Tank Army participated in the Vistula-Oder offensive. It was a Soviet offensive operation by the 1st Belorussian and 1st Ukrainian Fronts in the area from the Vistula to the Oder, which was carried out between the 12th of January and the 3rd of February, 1945.
    The two Soviet Fronts [2] were opposed by the German Army Group A.
    The operation was successful. As the result of a three-week rapid advance [3] from the Vistula to the Oder (480 km), the Soviet troops almost completely liberated Poland, and entered the territory of Germany.
    The units of the Red Army reached the Oder and gained/established several bridgeheads on its left bank. The Soviet troops were located 70 km from Berlin.

[1]  The English word, of course, is "soldier."  However, I wasn't sure if you used the Russian word intentionally.  The use of the Russian word "soldat" to introduce your great-grandfather would be an excellent stylistic choice, in my opinion.

[2]  If you simply say "They," it is not immediately clear that you are referring to the 1st Belorussian and 1st Ukrainian Fronts.  So I tried to clarify that.  

[3]  The word "throw" is not correct.  I think you want to say that there was "бросок" from the Vistula to the Oder.  That is the basis of my correction.