Mila
Easter Cake (In Spanish "Mona de Pascua") These days we can see many religious events in the streets. For Christians Easter is an annual commemoration to remember the life God's son - life, death and resurrection- Nowadays, for many people is a period to enjoy some holidays and also eat the typical sweets. In my region we can taste the delicious "mona de Pascua" (Easter cake). It is a sweet in round shape with a boilded egg incrusted. Commonly, godparents and grandparents give some "monas" to their godsons and goddaughters or grandchildren on Easter Sunday to be consumed on Easter Monday or " Day of mona". That day, families and friends usually go to the countyside to have tea. The tradition is to break the egg into the someone's forehead. When I was young I did it saying a traditional phrase. Apparently, the name "mona" comes to the Arab "munna", which means "provision of mouth" In fact, it was a present that Moorish gave to their owners. in addition, it symbolized fertility, hope and rebirth. However, other sources say that the name comes from Greek "munus" that is "present". My grandmother used to make "monas". That sweet based on flour, sugar, eggs and water requires to knead the dough a lot and leave it to rest more than two hours before baking. Now, I buy the "mona" in the bakery. I never ate the boiled egg, I strongly prefer chocolate in its place. I have no doubt that in few days I will be eating the "mona".
1

Easter Cake (In Spanish "Mona de Pascua")

These days we can see many religious events in the streets. For Christians, Easter is an annual commemoration to remember the life of God's son - life, death and resurrection-

Nowadays, for many people it is a period to enjoy some holidays (better: enjoy a holiday) and also to eat the typical sweets. In my region, we can taste enjoy the delicious "mona de Pascua" (Easter cake). It is a sweet in a round shape  with a boilded egg incrusted.( better: it is a round sweet with an encrusted boiled egg) Commonly, godparents and grandparents give some "monas" to their godsons and goddaughters or grandchildren on Easter Sunday to be consumed on Easter Monday or " Day of mona". That day, families and friends usually go to the countyside to have tea. The tradition is to break the egg into the on someone's forehead. When I was young I did it saying a traditional phrase.

Apparently, the name "mona" comes to from the Arab word "munna", which means "provision of the mouth" In fact, it was a present that the Moorish gave to their owners. in addition, it symbolized fertility, hope and rebirth. However, other sources say that the name comes from the Greek word "munus" that is means "present".

My grandmother used to make "monas". That This sweet based on made from flour, sugar, eggs and water and requires to knead the dough to be kneaded a lot and leave it left to rest more than two hours before baking. Now, I buy the "mona" in at the bakery. I never ate eat the boiled egg as I strongly prefer chocolate in its place. I have no doubt that in a few days I will be eating the a "mona".

Very well written Mila! I wish I could sample one of the monas this Easter! Happy Easter to you and your family!

1

These days we/you can see many religious events in the streets. For Christians Easter is an annual commemoration to remember the life of God's son - his life, death and resurrection-

Nowadays, for many people it is a period to enjoy some holidays and also eat some typical sweets. In my region we/you can taste the delicious "mona de Pascua" (Easter cake). It is a sweet, round in shape with a boilded egg incrusted. Commonly, godparents and grandparents give some "monas" to their godsons and goddaughters or grandchildren on Easter Sunday to be consumed on Easter Monday or " Day of mona". On that day, families and friends usually go to the countyside to have tea.(Or, have a picnic) We have a tradition in which you break the/an egg on someone's forehead. When I was young  I used to do it whilst reciting a traditional phrase.

Apparently, the name "mona" comes to the Arab "munna", which means "provision of mouth" In fact, it was a present that Moorish people gave to their owners. in addition, it symbolized fertility, hope and rebirth. However, other sources say that the name comes from Greek "munus" that is "present".

My grandmother used to make "monas". This sweet that consists of  flour, sugar, eggs and water, you have to knead the dough a lot and leave it to rest for more than two hours before baking. Now, I buy the "mona" in the bakery. I never ate the boiled egg, I strongly prefer chocolate in its place. I have no doubt that in few days I will be eating the "mona".

I hope you enjoy the Mona Mila, personally I would prefer the boiled egg as I dont like sweet things. We would make a good team, you could eat the choclate and I could eat the egg.

Happy Easter Mila