Sebor
One of my favorite food, duck blood In Taiwan, I think "blood" is one of the most special food. There's actually two kinds of this blood. One is pig blood, and the other one is duck blood. Instead of drinking blood, these kind of bloods are something more like a jelly. They are solid and have coagulated before we cook them. Generally, duck blood is more tender and juicy than pig blood and is more often being used as one of ingredients in the spicy hot pot. I started eating blood as a child. Being a Taiwanese, I was still quite shocked that blood can be eaten, though. When ordering this kind of special food first time, I assumed it was a bowl of blood water, but the canteen keeper brought me several pieces of deep brown jelly. And I soon considered the blood is definitely inside those jelly, imaging that there gonna be liquid blood spouting out while biting. Then my mom was laughing at me and I found that the whole jelly was blood indeed...

One of my favorite food, duck blood

In Taiwan, I think "blood" is one of the most special foods. There's actually two kinds of this blood: one is pig blood, and the other one is duck blood. Instead of drinking blood, these kind of such bloods are something more like a jelly. They are solid and have coagulated/congealed before we cook them. Generally, duck blood is more tender and juicy than pig blood and is more often being used as one of the  ingredients in the spicy hot pot.

I started eating blood as a child. Although I am Being a Taiwanese, I was still quite shocked to discover that blood can be eaten, though. When ordering this kind of special food for the first time, I assumed it was would be a bowl of bloody water, but the canteen keeper brought me several pieces of deep dark brown jelly. And So I soon considered understood/discovered that these jelly-like slabs are blood is definitely blood inside those jelly, and was imagiinng that there gonna would be liquid blood spouting out while when biting. Then my mom was laughing at me and I found that the whole jelly was blood indeed...

Wow! Now I understand what you mean. Thanks for the picture.