Writing Writing for the TOEFL test. Some people think that it is not good for children to watch television. Others think that watching television is not always bad because there are educational programs for children. Although I agree with both of these opinions, personally I think that letting children watch television is not good for the relationship between children and their parents or for children’s health. There are some educational programs for children. Children can learn their mother tongue, other languages, music, art, and so on by watching those programs. It is also true that letting children watch television helps their parents. They can do housework or something during that time. However, in the long run, television has negative effects on children. First of all, watching television hinders communication between children and their parents. With the help of developed technology, parents tend to use not only television, but also smart phones as their child’s nanny. However, I believe that the most important thing in childhood is to build good relationships between parents and their children. Family greatly impacts children’s behaviors and thinking. If children and their parents care not on good terms with each other, home will be uncomfortable place, and children will not count on parents. Therefore, parents and children should put emphasis on communicating with each other rather than on watching television. Additionally, watching too much television can have a negative impact on children’s health. For example, it can lead to bad eyesight and a lack of exercise. In Japan, where I live, the decreasing the level of physical ability of children is a major problem. Obviously one of the causes of this problem is over-sue of technologies such televisions, phones, and video games. To avoid those problems, children should play outside and be active. Playing outside keeps children healthy. In conclusion, while there are arguments to be made for both sides, it can be clearly seen that watching television has negative effects on children. For one thing, they lose the chance to communicate with their families. Therefore, they should put emphasis on building good relationships. Another reason is that watching television too much will cause health problems such as a lack of exercise and bad eyesight. As a result, for the above reasons, I think that it is not a good idea for children to watch television. Thank you for reading my writing!
2

Writing

Writing for the TOEFL test.

Some people think that watching television is not good for children. Others think that watching television is not always bad because there are educational programs for children. Although I agree with both of these opinions, personally I think that letting children watch television is not good for the relationship between children and their parents or for children’s health.

There are some educational programs for children. Children can learn their mother tongue, other languages, music, art, and so on by watching those programs. It is also true that letting children watch television helps their parents. They can do housework or something else during that time. However, in the long run, television has negative effects on children.

First of all, watching television hinders communication between children and their parents. With the help of developed technology, parents tend to use not only television, but also smartphones as their child’s nanny. However, I believe that the most important thing in childhood is to build good relationships between parents and their children. Family greatly impacts children’s behaviors and thinking. If children and their parents care not on in good terms with each other, home will be an uncomfortable place, and children will not count on their parents. Therefore, parents and children should put emphasis on communicating with each other rather than on watching television.

Additionally, watching too much television can have a negative impact on children’s health. For example, it can lead to bad eyesight and a lack of exercise. In Japan, where I live, the decreasing the level of physical ability of children is a major problem. Obviously one of the causes of this problem is overuse of technologies such as television/TVs, phones, and video games. To avoid these problems, children should play outside and be active. Playing outside keeps children healthy.

In conclusion, while there are arguments to be made for both sides, it can be clearly seen that watching television has negative effects on children. For one thing, they lose the chance to communicate with their families. Therefore, they should put emphasis on building good relationships. Another reason is that watching television too much will cause health problems such as a lack of exercise and bad eyesight. As a result, for the above reasons, I think that it is not a good idea for children to watch television.

Thank you for reading my writing!