fanarsenal
The book that I am reading In these days, I have been reading 1984 by Gorge Owell. People told me that if you want to understand the book really well, you should leave the dictionary alone instead of referring to it every time you run into a strange word. And that's totally what I have done. It was a little bit hard at first, as in my not long language learning experience, I always want to know the exact meaning of every sentence. However, I didn't give up. I just went on by ignoring the strange words and paying more attention at the logistics. I just inversion a lot of scenes by imagination which is not based on the exact meaning. I know how it feel when I read books in Chinese. Some words I may have difficulties to understand at first, but I can still get the whole idea of the books. Maybe it's the same for English books. I have finished 60% of 1984, and I plan to reread the Chinese version after I reread it. If it turns out that what I understand from English version agrees well with the Chinese version, I will write a book review and continue to read another book.