Juan
Do these two sentences mean the same? Try walking in my shoes? and Try put yourself in my place? They mean in Spanish "Ponte en mi lugar"? Can I use two sentences in the same context? Thanks

Do these two sentences mean the same?

"Try walking in my shoes?" and "Try putting" yourself in my place?or "Try to put yourself..."

They mean In Spanishthey are "Ponte en mi lugar"?

Can I use these two sentences expressions in the same context?

Thanks

These two expressions are very similar in meaning.  The original expression is "Walk a mile in shoes" to mean you should try to understand someone before criticising them.  It came from a song title about racism.  As time changes, the meaning became more general.  So in most cases, they mean the same.  We understand what you mean from context.

Do these two sentences mean the same thing?

Try walking in my shoes? and Try put yourself in my place?

They mean in Spanish "Ponte en mi lugar"?
Can I use both sentences in the same context?
Thanks

"try put yourself in my place" doesn't sound natural. I think you're trying to say "put yourself in my position".

They don't mean the same thing. 

E.g. Person 1: "Ah my life's so hard!", Person 2: "Try walking in my shoes".

Person 2 is saying "If you lived a day in my life you would know what "hard" means".

"put yourself in my position" is used more when making a decision. You can use it to ask for somebody's opinion or to get someone to see things from your perspective.

E.g. If you're faced with a tough decision you could say to a friend. "Put yourself in my position, what would you do?".

E.g. If you're too busy to lift a friend for example you could say something like "Put yourself in my position for a minute, I have to do the shopping, pick up the kids and make the dinner. So do you think I've got time to give you a lift?"