cathy
Tears "mom, our children are drowning." This headline brought tears in my eyes. Although my daughter is now studying safely in the USA, I still can't control myself when I read the news about South Korean ferry tragedy, just like I became sentimental when I read the news information about MH370 airline flight. I have to stop reading this sort of news. I don't want to cry. So I found another news about China on CNN. It was named "Reflections from the front line of Tiananmen protests, 25 years on". On April 18, 1989, students of Beijing University marched to the Tiananmen Square, a student unfurled a white sheet of cloth, splashed on it in big red characters: LIBERTY. Today, same date, 25 years later. There was another white sheet of cloth, on it were black characters:CHINA'S SOUL.. I want to know it in detail but I couldn't open the link that gave information in details. It seems that tears can't be controlled.

Tears

"Mom, our children are drowning." This headline brought tears to my eyes. Although my daughter is now studying safely in the USA, I still can't control myself when I read the news about the South Korean ferry tragedy, just like I became sentimental when I read the news information about MH370 airline flight.

(I understand what you mean here, but generally we use "sentimental" to refer to something pleasant. I suggest: "I felt the same way when I read the news about the MH370 airline flight.")

I have to stop reading this sort of news. I don't want to cry. So I found another news story about China on CNN, called "Reflections from the front line of Tiananmen protests, 25 years on." 
On April 18, 1989, students from Beijing University marched to Tiananmen Square, and a student unfurled a white sheet of cloth. Splashed on it in big red characters was a single word: LIBERTY.

Today, on the same date, 25 years later, there was another white sheet of cloth. On it were black characters: CHINA'S SOUL. I wanted to find more information, but I couldn't open the link that gave information in details.

It seems that tears can't be controlled.

~~

I feel the same way about the news. Every time something bad happens to someone's child, I hold my own children a little closer (when they let me; they are teenagers, after all!). I'm glad your daughter is safe!

Here is a cute cat, so you don't feel like crying. I hope you can view this page!

http://data1.whicdn.com/images/80245879/large.gif