Aurora
Benvenuto, from the story of Diana Wynne Jones "Magicians of Caprona" PART 2 Right over the nose of Benvenuto three white stains stand out giving him a furtive and suspicious air. But the stains haven't nothing to do with his position as Casa Montana's cat-chief. They were the result of his passion of steacks. He was finished between aunty Gina's feet while she was cooking and some hot oil had dropped in his head. Since that moment Benvenuto and aunty Gina ignore each other with the major effort. From the italian version: Giusto sopra il naso di Benvenuto spiccavano tre macchie bianche che gli conferivano un'aria furtiva ed equivoca. Le macchie, però, non avevano niente a che fare con la sua posizione da capo gatto di Casa Montana. Erano il risultato della sua passione per le bistecche. Era finito fra i piedi di zia Gina mentre lei stava cucinando, e un pò d'olio caldo gli era caduto sulla testa. D allora, Benvento e zia Gina s'ignoravano con il massimo impegno.
1

Benvenuto, from the story of Diana Wynne Jones "Magicians of Caprona" PART 2

Right over Just above the Benvenuto's nose of three white stains marks stand stood out, giving him a furtive and suspicious shady airappearance.
But the stains marks haven't had nothing to do with his position as chief cat of Casa Montana's. They were the result of his passion of for steacks. He was finished had got between under aunty Gina's feet while she was cooking and some hot oil had dropped fallen/dripped in on his head.
Since that moment Benvenuto and aunty Gina did their best to ignore each other with the major effort.

Buon tentativo, ma attenta a non tradurre in modo troppo letterale.

1

Right over the nose of Benvenuto three white stains stand out giving him a furtive and suspicious air.
But the stains haven't have nothing to do with his position as Casa Montana's cat-chief. They were the result of his passion of steacks steak He was finished { not sure what this means, can you explain the Italian idea? between aunty Gina's feet while she was cooking and some hot oil had dropped in his head. Since that moment then ( or, that time) Benvenuto and aunty Gina ignore each other with the major greatest effort. (<em> probably better - make great efforts to ignore each other</em>)

---

:)

From the italian version: Giusto sopra il naso di Benvenuto spiccavano tre macchie bianche che gli conferivano un'aria furtiva ed equivoca. Le macchie, però, non avevano niente a che fare con la sua posizione da capo gatto di Casa Montana. Erano il risultato della sua passione per le bistecche. Era finito fra i piedi di zia Gina mentre lei stava cucinando, e un pò d'olio caldo gli era caduto sulla testa. D allora, Benvento e zia Gina s'ignoravano con il massimo impegno.