Gloria
Describe a plant grown in your country : Ginseng Hello, I am a Korean, preparing an English test in order to get a working visa in the USA. This question is from a recent test. I thought it a bit difficult topic for me, so I would like to prepare it in advance. Could you proofread at the following my answer? Q ) Describe a plant grown in your country. You should say - what the plant is - where it is grown - why you like or dislike it - and explain why it is important to your country. A ) One of well-known medicinal plants is ginseng, a slow-growing perennial plants in mountains or hills and typically in cooler climates in Korea. Its taste is bitter so I dislike to eat it. However, an old Korean saying, bitter medicine is good for our health. Actually, many research has been conveyed its positive effects in our body. It may lower blood sugar level, decrease cold symptoms, boost energy, and strengthen immunity. Korea is the greatest producer of ginseng in the world. While its medicinal value is debated today, its popularity isn’t. Because of Its popularity, ginseng has been harvested and planted a specialty of remote regions and its products such as a red ginseng extract and ginseng candies are popular presents especially on Parent’s Day in Korea. A wild ginseng aged at least over 10 years and is dug up in a hidden mountain is considered the best but it is extremely expensive. Even Koreans use ginseng for a special food, a hot chicken ginseng soup. During the middle of the summer, usually, people lose energy and extremely sweet so Koreans recommend that people eat the hot chicken soup with ginseng in order to boost energy and restore their health. According to Chinese medicine, drinking too much cold beverage is not good for our health because it isn’t really effective to cool down, but raises heat in side of the body. Ancient Koreans said we should fight fire with fire. Still, many Koreans convince that eating the hot, steaming bowl of chicken soup with ginseng is helpful to cool down and recharge energy to endure sticky heat in the summer.
1

Describe a plant grown in your country : Ginseng

Hello,

I am a Korean, preparing for an English test in order to get a US working visa in the USA.
This question is from a recent test. I thought it was a bit difficult topic for me.  So I would like to prepare for it in advance.

One of well-known medicinal plants growing in my country is ginseng; a slow-growing perennial medicinal plants that can be found in hills and mountains; or hills and typically in the cooler climates in of Korea. Its taste is bitter so and I dislike to eat do not like it. However, an old Korean saying, "when it is bitter in your mouth, then it /is/must be/ good medicine[Chinese too :) 苦口良藥],  is good for our health. Actually, many much research has shown been conveyed its positive effects in for our body. It may lower blood sugar levels; decrease cold symptoms; boost energy, and strengthen immunity systems of our body. Korea is the greatest largest producer of ginseng in the world [understood]. While Even though its medicinal value is debated today, its popularity did not declined isn’t. Because of Its popularity,

Ginseng has been harvested and planted in a specialty of remote regions. and its products such as a Red ginseng extract and ginseng candies are popular presents gifts, especially on Parent’s Day, a celebrated day in Korea. A Wild ginseng must remain wild for aged at least over 10 years and before it is dug up in its a hidden mountain location.  is considered the best but Being considered the best, it is naturally extremely expensive.

Even Koreans use ginseng for a special foods, a such as the hot chicken ginseng soup. During By the middle of the summer, usually, people are losing their energy and extremely sweet so become lethargic. Koreans Hence this dish is recommend that people eat the hot chicken soup with ginseng in order to revitalize and boost their  energy levels. and restore their health. According to Chinese medicine practice, drinking too much cold beverages is not good for our health because it isn’t really does not really effective to cool the body systems down, but raises heat in side of the body insidiously. Ancient Koreans said we should believe that fight fire with fire is the remedy. Still, many Koreans convince that eating the hot, steaming bowl of chicken soup with ginseng believe that having a bowl of steaming gingseng chicken soup is most helpful to cool down and recharge energy to endure sticky heat in the of summer.