Juanjo.
When it's enough? When it comes to learn a language, your main goal is to be able to communicate basic and simple ideas. You know, the weather, something about your country, your family, directions...Then, your goals change and you think it's time to read a novel, a newspaper, maybe listening to the news on TV or even purchasing something on the internet in your target language. Once you achieve this, a question pops up: should I insist and persevere in this language or should I try a new one?. Since it is really difficult to master a foreign language, is it worth the hassle? I'd love to receive corrections and thoughts on this. Thanks in advance.

When it's is it enough?

When it comes to learning a language, your main goal is to be able to communicate basic and simple ideas. You know, like the weather, something about your country, your family, or directions...Then, your goals change and you think it's time to read a novel, a newspaper, maybe listening to the news on TV or even purchasing something on the Internet in your target language. Once you achieve this, a question pops up: should I insist and persevere in this language or should I try a new one?. Since it is really difficult to master a foreign language, is it worth the hassle?
I'd love to receive corrections and thoughts on this. Thanks in advance.

Depends what your goals really are.  The most important thing to remember is that after all the blood, sweat and tears that have gone into learning a new language it is very important to keep it up, otherwise it will all have been in vain.

When it's enough?

When it comes to learning a language, your main goal is to be able to communicate basic and simple ideas. You know, the weather, something about your country, your family, directions...Then, your goals change and you think it's time to read a novel, a newspaper, maybe listening to the news on TV or even purchasing something on the internet in your target language. Once you achieve this, a question pops up: should I carry on and persevere in this language or should I try a new one?. Since it is really difficult to master a foreign language, is it worth the hassle?

I think it depends on the person. For me I think it is better to stick to learning only one foreign language, to learn two at the same time would be too confusing for me.

Many times I have thought about giving up learning Spanish, as you say learning a foreign language is very demanding, this is why many people give up.

I think the answer is... it depends. If you only need languages for traveling or basic internet surfing, being able to communicate simple things may be enough. If you have to deal with English speakers because of your work of whatever, I would recommend to improve your English skills. Especially if these speakers are native speakers. If you relocate to an English language country, you should improve your English skills as much as possible. You don't want just to be able to talk about the weather, you also need to go to the doctor's, the hairdresser's, negotiate a loan... You will need specific vocabulary and good listening skills.
I would say enough , when I can communicate and understand on normal matters with another person. This would be the minimum level.