Cyanidefree
On Children's Free Time QUESTION: Some people believe that children are given too much free time. They feel that this time should be used to do more school work. How do you think children should spend their free time? ANSWER: As far as I know, many school children in my city have too much burden in their study. Yet their parents still want to make full use of their free time and make them study more. These children are actually deprived of their free time. For this reason, I suggest parents grant more freedom to their children and allow them to decide how to spend the time. Children should be given enough time to do what they enjoy doing. In my opinion, most children spend too much time doing what adults make them do. They hardly have enough time to do things of their own interests, such as playing with peers, reading comic books and children’s literature, and watching TV. Doing these help children with their socialising skills, imagination and give them plenty of knowledge. All of these are essential to children’s development, and if children can do things they enjoy, learning these can be effective. Moreover, children would feel refreshed after doing what they enjoy. This increases their efficiency in school learning, and is also beneficial to children’s psychological health as relaxation is a good way to relieve stress. While giving free time to children, parents should also keep an eye on them to prevent dangers and to ensure more benefits. Every year, there are always a shocking number of heart-breaking accidents happening to children. Merely teaching children about the dangers is not enough if they are still too young to take good care of themselves. Parents should always warn children about the dangers if there are any. In addition, some children tend to imitate everything they enjoy seeing on TV and films. If parents do not help them to tell the difference from right and wrong, they may be obsessed with violence or have little sense of morality. In conclusion, children should have the freedom to do what they really enjoy in their free time. Meanwhile, what they do should be under parents’ protection and supervision.

On Children's Free Time

QUESTION:

Some people believe that children are given too much free time. They feel that this time should be used to do more school work.

How do you think children should spend their free time?

ANSWER:

As far as I know, many school children in my city have too much burden in with their studiesy. Yet their parents still want to make full use of their (remaining) free time and to make them study more. These children are actually deprived of their free time. For this reason, I suggest (that) parents grant more freedom to their children and allow them to decide how to spend the time.

Children should be given enough time to do what they enjoy doing. In my opinion, most children spend too much time doing what adults make them do. They hardly have enough time to do things of their own interests [=that interest them], such as playing with peers [=other children], reading comic books and children’s literature, and watching TV. Doing these activities help children with their socialising skills, imagination and give them plenty of [=imparts (useful)] knowledge. All of these are essential to children’s development, and if children can do things they enjoy, learning these skills can be effective. Moreover, children would feel refreshed after doing what they enjoy. This increases their efficiency in school learning, and is also beneficial to children’s psychological health as relaxation is a good way to relieve stress.

While giving free time to children, parents should also keep an eye on them to prevent dangers and to ensure more benefits. Every year, there are always a shocking number of heart-breaking accidents happening to children. Merely teaching children about the dangers is not enough if they are still too young to take good care of themselves. Parents should always warn children about the dangers if there are any (present). In addition, some children tend to imitate everything they enjoy seeing on TV and films. If parents do not help them to tell the difference [=differentiate] from between right and wrong, they may be obsessed with violence or have little sense of morality.

In conclusion, children should have the freedom to do what they really enjoy in their free time. Meanwhile [=At the same time], what they (actually) do should be under parents’ protection and supervision.