thyme
the Untold Chinese Culture 1 I met a German on a train. He told me that he was very happy to be China except for one thing. When he talked with Chinese, he found almost most them didn't look at his eyes. They didn't have eye contacts. I told him the reason. Chinese are very shy, and dare not to see others' eyes. Grown up in this environment ,, they haven't been required to see others' eyes when they talk with others. When I was in middle school, my headteacher talked to me. When my eyesight contact his, my faces turned red, a butterfly was in my stomach, I fell down my eyelids immediately and I felt a bit better. A lot of kids have this experience, and get used to no eye contact communication since then. Then I went to a college, and knew the importance of eye contact. My American teacher spoke to me, and he is always looking at me. I tried my best to show respect, but I was too sky to do that again. Now, I have been teaching for many years, and have the courage to see others' eyes.

the Untold Chinese Culture 1

I met a German (man) on a train and he told me that he was very happy to be in China except for one thing.  Whenever he talked spoke with Chinese people, he found almost most few of them would make eye contact didn't look at his eyes. They didn't have eye contacts. I told him the reason/explained to him: Chinese are very shy, and dare not to see look into others' eyes. Having grown up in this environment, where it is not the custom, they haven't been required to see look in the others' eyes when they talking with others.

When I was in middle school, my headteacher talked sometimes spoke to me. Whenever my eyesight contacted his, my face/cheeks turned red, and I felt a butterfly was in my stomach; I fell down dropped my gaze/looked down at the floor eyelids immediately and I felt  less embarrassed/a bit better. A lot of kids have this experience, and get used to no avoiding eye contact during communication since then.
Then I went to a college, and knew realised/discovered the importance of eye contact. My American teacher spoke to me, and he is always fixes me in his gaze/looks directly at me looking at me. I tried my best to show respect, but I was still too shy to do it that again.

Now, I have been teaching for many years, and have the courage to see look into others' eyes.

<em>There are several points of usage and grammar here that are a little difficult to explain:</em>
<em>talk/speak, when/whenever. Specific vocabulary too: look/gaze/make eye contact/fix.  And re-phrasing negative clauses positively using the antonym - not many/few  a bit better/less embarrassed</em>

lol...I'm a chinese, but I'm not that shy not to have eye contact...I don't even think it's polite to talk with ppl without any eye contact
I think it is interesting that the Chinese have reinforced not making eye contact in the culture. The have missed the opportunity to gather more information during conversation. The body language which is displayed on the face is important and can reveal emotions and other possible information, such as nervousness, giving you reason to think further about the situation.
Its interesting thing to know) I didn't know that...

the Untold Chinese Culture 1

I met a German person on a train. He told me that he was very happy to be in China except for one thing.
When he talked with Chinese people, he found out that almost most of them didn't look him into the eyes at his eyes. They didn't make have eye contact. I told him the reason. Chinese are very shy, and dare not to look into other people's eyes. see others' eyes. Grown up in this environment ,, they haven't been required to look into other people's eyes see others' eyes when they talk with others/when they talk to them.
When I was in middle school and my headteacher talked to me, when my eyesight made contact with his, my face turned red, a butterfly was in my stomach. I fell down my eyelids immediately and I felt a bit better. A lot of kids have this experience, and get used to no eye contact communication since then.
Then I went to a college, and knew the importance of eye contact. My American teacher spoke to me, and he is always looking at me. I tried my best to show respect, but I was too shy to do that again.
Now, I have been teaching/practicing? for many years, and have the courage to look into other people'ssee others' eyes.