Cyanidefree
Mixed Schools vs Single-sex Schools QUESTION: Some people think that is better to educate boys and girls in separate schools. Others, however, believe that boys and girls benefit more from attending mixed schools. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion. (Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.) ANSWER: In my city, there were very few single-sex schools years ago, but recently the number of single-sex schools has grown rapidly. However, if boys and girls should be educated in separate schools is still controversial. Supporters of single-sex schools argue that at single-sex schools, students of both sexes can be given tailored lessons. For example, at boys’ schools, teachers and students can spend more time on languages, while more advanced topics of science can be introduced and studied in depth as boys are generally good at it. Similar strategies can also be applied in girls’ schools. Moreover, by educating boys and girls in separate schools, many serious problems can be completely eliminated. The most remarkable of them is early dating. This often distracts adolescent students, resulting in serious reduction of their academic performances. Also, in such schools, boys will not be able to take advantage of their physical strength to bully girls. On the other hand, it is argued that both boys and girls benefit significantly more in mixed schools. They learn from each other’s strength, which is also an effective way of learning. More importantly, they learn to understand their opposite sex’s prospective of view. This is vital as an adult has to deal with people of the opposite sex every day, and this skill is considered essential for every healthy adult. In a mixed school, children are given plenty of chances to practise this skill. In my opinion, there are pros and cons of both kinds of schools, but overall mixed schools benefit students more than single-sex schools. This is because society is consisted of people of two sexes. Therefore, educators should make schools a natural environment just like society, rather than isolate boys and girls artificially.
1

Mixed Schools vs Single-sex Schools

Green: remove

Pink: add/replace

Yellow: comment

ANSWER:

In my city, there were very few single-sex schools years ago, but recently the number of single-sex schools has grown rapidly. However, if  whether boys and girls should be educated in separate schools is still controversial. (whether is more natural to begin a sentence with)

Supporters of single-sex schools argue that at single-sex schools, students of both sexes can be given tailored lessons. For example, at boys’ schools, teachers and students can spend more time on languages, while more advanced topics of science can be introduced and studied in depth as boys are generally good at it. Similar strategies can also be applied in girls’ schools. Moreover, by educating boys and girls in separate schools, many serious problems can be completely eliminated. The most remarkable of them is early dating. This often distracts adolescent students, resulting in serious reduction of their academic performances. Also, in such schools, boys will not be able to take advantage of their physical strength to bully girls.

On the other hand, it is argued that both boys and girls benefit significantly more in from mixed schools. They learn from each other’s strengths, which is also an effective way of learning. More importantly, they learn to understand their opposite sex’s prospective of view perspective. This is vital as an adult has to deal with people of the opposite sex every day, and this skill is considered essential for every healthy adult. In a mixed school, children are given plenty of chances to practise this skill. ("benefit" in this context is better suited to be followed with "from", as they are receiving the pros from it. Also no need to say perspective of view - perspective already implies this!) 

In my opinion, there are pros and cons of both kinds of schools, but overall mixed schools benefit students more than single-sex schools. This is because society is consisted consists of people of two sexes. Therefore, educators should make schools a natural environment just like society, rather than isolate boys and girls artificially.

Great job - only minor things but very easy to understand! :)

Mixed Schools vs Single-sex Schools

QUESTION:

Some people think that is better to educate boys and girls in separate schools. Others, however, believe that boys and girls benefit more from attending mixed schools.

Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.

(Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.)

ANSWER:

In my city, there were very few single-sex schools years ago, but recently the number of single-sex schools has grown rapidly. However, if boys and girls should be educated in separate schools is still controversial.

Supporters of single-sex schools argue that at single-sex schools, students of both sexes can be given tailored lessons. For example, at boys’ schools, teachers and students can spend more time on languages, while more advanced topics of science can be introduced and studied in depth as boys are generally good at it. Similar strategies can also be applied in girls’ schools. Moreover, by educating boys and girls in separate schools, many serious problems can be completely eliminated. The most remarkable salient of these problems is early dating. This often distracts adolescent students, resulting in serious reduction worsening of their academic performances. Also, in such schools, boys will not be able to take advantage of their physical strength to bully girls.  Another problem is that boys are able to use their physical strength to bully girls. This was an organization error, so the word Also signaled that you are talking about another problem with mixed schools

On the other hand, it is argued that both boys and girls benefit significantly more in mixed schools. They learn from each other’s strengths, which is also an effective way of learning. More importantly, they learn to understand their opposite sex’s prospective point of view. This is vital as an adult has adults have to deal with people of the opposite sex every day, and this skill is considered essential for every healthy adult. In a mixed school, children are given plenty of chances to practise this skill.

there are pros and cons of both kinds of schools, but, In my opinion, overall mixed schools benefit students more than single-sex schools. This is because society is consisted consists of people of two sexes. Therefore, educators should make schools a natural environment just like society, rather than isolate boys and girls artificially.

Mixed Schools vs Single-sex Schools

Question:

Some people think that it is better to educate boys and girls in separate schools. Others, however, believe that boys and girls benefit more from attending mixed schools.

Answer:

In my city, years ago, there were very few single-sex schools, but recently the number [of single-sex schools] has grown rapidly. Whether boys and girls should be educated in separate schools is still controversial.

Supporters of single-sex schools argue that at single-sex schools, students of both sexes can be given tailored lessons. For example, at boys’ schools, teachers and students can spend more time learning languages, and more advanced topics in science can be introduced and studied in depth as boys are generally good at it (or 'better at them'). Similar strategies can also be applied in girls’ schools. Moreover, by educating boys and girls in separate schools, many serious problems can be completely eliminated. The most remarkable of them is early dating. This often distracts adolescent students, resulting in serious reduction of their academic performances. [Also,] in such schools, boys will not be able to take advantage of their physical strength to bully girls.

On the other hand, it is argued that both boys and girls benefit significantly more in mixed schools. They learn from each other’s strengths, which is also very effective an effective way of learning. More importantly, they learn to understand the opposite sex’s point of view (or perspective). This is vital, as an adult has to deal with people of the opposite sex every day, and this skill is considered essential for every healthy adult. In a mixed school, children are given plenty of chances to practise this skill.

In my opinion, there are pros and cons for both kinds of schools, but overall mixed schools benefit students more than single-sex schools. This is because society consists of people of two sexes. Therefore, educators should make schools a natural environment just like society, rather than isolate boys and girls artificially.

Key:

Highlighted = changed

()= suggestion

[] = can be omitted

cross = has been omitted