thyme
the Untold Chinese Culture 2--Marriage As to marriage, Chinese people pay great attention to parents' attitude. If you want to marry a man or a woman, first, you have to take him or her to visit your parents. If you can win parents wishes, you probably have a perfect marriage. If you your parents don't like him or her, you probably live an unhappy life. The first visit is crucial. The woman usually help the prospective Mother-in-law in the kitchen, and the man talks with his prospective father-in -law politely. They should try to make a good impression. After the visit, parents will give some comments to him or her. If you can get along with with your parents-in-law, that means, you are very obedient. You girlfriend or boy friend would be very satisfactory. A perfect match has been more guaranteed.
1

The Untold Chinese Culture 2--Marriage

As to marriage, Chinese people pay great attention to parents' attitudes.
If you want to marry a man or a woman, first, you have to take him or her to visit your parents. If you can win the parents best wishes, you will probably have a perfect marriage. If you your parents don't like him or her, you will probably live an unhappy life.

The first visit is crucial. The woman usually helps the prospective Mother-in-law in the kitchen, and the man talks with his prospective father-in-law politely. They should try to make a good impression. After the visit, parents will give you some comments to about him or her.
If you can get along with with your parents-in-law, that means, you are very obedient. Your girlfriend or boyfriend would be very satisfactory. A perfect match has been more guaranteed.