Shawn
Community Tutor
Are These Correct? 他明天要去Hamilton Orchards,我也要去。 Okay, I wanted to write this followup notebook entry to make sure that I understood everyone's corrections and suggestions from the previous one and that I am doing this correctly now. Please don't be too harsh on me if I mess up the grammar again. Remember, I have only been studying Mandarin for little over a week now. Hehehe. I want to practice the short and long forms of the sentences so I will give both here. I have placed optional English words in parentheses. Attached is a photo of Hamilton Orchards again, this time one of my sister and niece climbing one of the apple trees. :) - - - - - - - - - - 1a. 他昨天喝了一杯咖啡,我昨天也喝了一杯咖啡。 He drank a cup of coffee yesterday, and I also drank a cup of coffee yesterday. 1b. 他昨天喝了一杯咖啡,我也喝了。 He drank a cup of coffee yesterday, and so did I. - - - - - - - - - - 2a. 他明天要去Hamilton Orchards,明天我也要去Hamilton Orchards。 He wants to go to Hamiliton Orchards tomorrow, and I also want to go to Hamilton Orchards tomorrow. 2b. 他明天要去Hamilton Orchards,我也要去。 He wants to go to Hamilton Orchards tomorrow, and so do I. - - - - - - - - - - 3a. 他读过The Hobbit,我也读过The Hobbit. He has read "The Hobbit" (before), and I have also read "The Hobbit." 3b. 他读过The Hobbit,我也读过。 He has read "The Hobbit" (before), and so have I. - - - - - - - - - - 4a. 他买一杯冰咖啡,我也买一杯冰咖啡。 He is going to buy an iced coffee, and I am also going to buy an iced coffee. 4b. 他买一杯冰咖啡,我也买。 He is going to buy an iced coffee, and so am I.

Are These Correct? 他明天要去Hamilton Orchards,我也要去。

Okay, I wanted to write this followup notebook entry to make sure that I understood everyone's corrections and suggestions from the previous one and that I am doing this correctly now. Please don't be too harsh on me if I mess up the grammar again. Remember, I have only been studying Mandarin for little over a week now. Hehehe. I want to practice the short and long forms of the sentences so I will give both here. I have placed optional English words in parentheses.

Attached is a photo of Hamilton Orchards again, this time one of my sister and niece climbing one of the apple trees. :)

- - - - - - - - - -

1a. 他昨天喝了一杯咖啡,我昨天也喝了一杯咖啡。
He drank a cup of coffee yesterday, and I also drank a cup of coffee yesterday.

1b. 他昨天喝了一杯咖啡,我也喝了。
He drank a cup of coffee yesterday, and so did I.

- - - - - - - - - -

2a. 他明天要去Hamilton Orchards,明天我也要去Hamilton Orchards。
He wants to go to Hamiliton Orchards tomorrow, and I also want to go to Hamilton Orchards tomorrow.

2b. 他明天要去Hamilton Orchards,我也要去。
He wants to go to Hamilton Orchards tomorrow, and so do I.

- - - - - - - - - -

3a. 他读过The Hobbit,我也读过The Hobbit.
He has read "The Hobbit" (before), and I have also read "The Hobbit."

3b. 他读过The Hobbit,我也读过。
He has read "The Hobbit" (before), and so have I.

- - - - - - - - - -

4a. 他买一杯冰咖啡,我也买一杯冰咖啡。(他要去买一杯冰咖啡,我也要去买一杯冰咖啡)
He is going to buy an iced coffee, and I am also going to buy an iced coffee.

4b. 他买一杯冰咖啡,我也买。 (他要去买一杯冰咖啡,我也要去买)
He is going to buy an iced coffee, and so am I.                                                            

Thanks, Fang. Now if I could only pronounce them all. Hahaha :)
Much better this time. Just keep it.