Wild Park Schorfheide Last Friday, which is known in Germany as "Karfreitag" which is a the free Friday before Eastern, I was with my parents in a wild park in the area known as "Schorfheide" in the province of Brandenburg outside of Berlin. This park is different from a normal zoo or animal park, because it is a wide and open area, with animals which you normally not see in a normal zoo, such like Horses, Wild Pigs, Goats, Wolves etc. Another speciality is the fact that these animals are still half-wild, which means they have a wide area where they can walk more freely around. Although still fed by human hand they are living in areas which are just like their natural areas and not just small unhealthy cages like in a zoo. Luckily we had a good weather, because the weather report said it could be a little rainy, but the park was right in the sun's spot. It was a nice day so far. Some animals, especially the Deers, came very close because the people can even buy some snack food at the entrance to feed some animals. So some of them are used to it and always come as close to the Fence as possible. But, as I have already figured out in a different wild park over 10 years ago, they only come to you to eat out of your hand. When they realise, that your hand is empty they suddenly go back with their head. So, they are eating right off your hand, but they will try to get away from it as soon as you have nothing anymore, for their own safety. It was very good for me as well, visiting this park. Out in the countryside with no big cities around, I was able to release some of the stress I get in Berlin and in my workplace every single day. As I have already wrote in previous notebook entries last year, people from the city like me want to go back to the countryside, where civilization began, while the people in the countryside want to go into big cities like Berlin, where it's own inhabitants want to get out desperately. Isn't it crazy? The only stressful thing about that day was, that I had to go there with my parents. But they have the car, so I had no other choice and there is no train driving there. I just have uploaded the pictures on Google. You can take a look by using this link, if you want. https://picasaweb.google.com/103067377352311950152/WildparkSchorfheide18April2014?authkey=Gv1sRgCNa6qZju54z3ogE
1

Wild Park Schorfheide

Last Friday, which is known in Germany as "Karfreitag" which is the free Friday before Easter, I was with my parents in a wild park in the area known as "Schorfheide" in the province of Brandenburg, outside of Berlin.

This park is different from a normal zoo or animal park, because it is a wide and open area, with animals which you normally not see in a normal zoo, such as horses, wild pigs, goats, wolves etc. Another speciality is the fact that these animals are still half-wild, which means they have a wide area where they can walk more freely around. Although still fed by human hand they are living in areas which are just like their natural (environment) areas and not just small unhealthy cages like in a zoo.

Luckily we had good weather. The weather report said it could be a little rainy, but the park was very sunny. It was a nice day so far. Some animals, especially the deer, came very close because the people can buy snack food at the entrance which they can feed to some of the animals. Some of them are very tame and always come as close to the fence as possible. But, as I already figured out in a different wild park over 10 years ago, they only come to you to eat out of your hand. When they realise that your hand is empty they suddenly draw their head back. So, they are eating right off your hand, but they will try to get away from it as soon as you have nothing left, for their own safety.

It was very good for me as well, visiting this park. Out in the countryside with no big cities around, I was able to release some of the stress I get in Berlin and in my workplace every single day. As I have already written in previous notebook entries last year, people from the city like me want to go back to the countryside, where civilization began, while the people in the countryside want to go into big cities like Berlin, where its own inhabitants want to get out desperately. Isn't it crazy? The only stressful thing about that day was, that I had to go there with my parents. But they have a car, so I had no other choice and there is no train driving there.

I just have uploaded the pictures on Google. You can take a look by using this link, if you want.

https://picasaweb.google.com/103067377352311950152/WildparkSchorfheide18April2014?authkey=Gv1sRgCNa6qZju54z3ogE