Shawn
Community Tutor
Are These Okay? 我已经读了他买了的书。 Okay. Now I want to practice using the Mandarin Chinese word 已经 which corresponds to the adverb "already" in English and Mandarin Chinese's equivalent of relative clauses in English (that is, "the books that he bought."). This is my first time writing and practicing any of these in Mandarin so any tips or corrections you could give would be greatly appreciated and absolutely useful. :) 1. 我已经读了他买了的书。 I have already read the books that he bought. * Should I be saying 了 twice and am I putting it in the correct location(s)? 2. 我已经喝了一杯咖啡。 I have already drank a cup of coffee. / I have already had a cup of coffee. (More natural in American English even though you technically drank it. Hehehe. ) 3. 我已经喝了她买了的一杯冰咖啡。 I have already drank the cup of coffee that she bought. By the way, the photo I attached to this notebook entry is from Atkin's Farm in Amherst, Massachusetts. I mentioned Atkin's in an earlier notebook entry, I think. Anyhow, these are some of the Easter candies they were selling there this week and that you typically see in American kid's Easter baskets. :)

Are These Okay? 我已经读了他买的书。

Okay. Now I want to practice using the Mandarin Chinese word 已经 which corresponds to the adverb "already" in English and Mandarin Chinese's equivalent of relative clauses in English (that is, "the books that he bought."). This is my first time writing and practicing any of these in Mandarin so any tips or corrections you could give would be greatly appreciated and absolutely useful. :)

1. 我已经读了他买的书。
I have already read the books that he bought.

* Should I be saying 了 twice and am I putting it in the correct location(s)?

2. 我已经喝了一杯咖啡。
I have already drank a cup of coffee. / I have already had a cup of coffee. (More natural in American English even though you technically drank it. Hehehe. )

3. 我已经喝了她买的一杯冰咖啡。
I have already drank the cup of coffee that she bought.

By the way, the photo I attached to this notebook entry is from Atkin's Farm in Amherst, Massachusetts. I mentioned Atkin's in an earlier notebook entry, I think. Anyhow, these are some of the Easter candies they were selling there this week and that you typically see in American kid's Easter baskets. :)

BTW: Is "drAnk" a typo, isn't it?

Are These Okay? 我已经读了他买了的书。

1. 我已经读了他买了的书。

* Should I be saying 了 twice and am I putting it in the correct location(s)? (According to the Chinese speaking ,it is right to say '我已经读了他买了的书’.But ,for every one ,we all dislike wordy sentence .So ,we ofen say '我已经读了他买的书‘。)

2. 我已经喝了一杯咖啡。 (right )

3. 我已经喝了她买了的一杯冰咖啡。(我已经喝了她买的咖啡)(We alway omit number when both of us clearly know it )

1. 我已经读了(or use"看了" both ok)他买了(dont use this)的书。

NO, when u feel strange,then dont put that word.

2. 我已经喝了一杯咖啡。 (Its u doing good!!)

3. 我已经喝了她买的一杯冰咖啡。 (situaton with 1...same little mistake.)

I think u really doing good,

bcz the chinese talking way can do so many ways to Expression.

so, just do in ur free style :D haha

but when write the document , can not a casual. :)

Are These Okay? 我已经读了他买了的书。

1. 我已经读了他买的书。

我已經讀了他買的書。

The subject is " I " , so you just enphasis on "I have already" do something

you don't have to put "了“ behind “買”

because eneryboby will know that book has been bought by him.

But if you just ask "Did he buy the book?" "他買了那本書嗎?“

the answer will be “他買了” because the subject is "他“

2. 我已经喝了一杯咖啡。

3. 我已经喝了她买的一杯冰咖啡。

the same situation with 1.  :)

Are These Okay? 我已经读了他买了的书。

1. 我已经买了他过读了他买的书

* Should I be saying 了 twice and am I putting it in the correct location(s)? Yes because those two actions were in the past.

2. 我已经喝了一杯咖啡。

3. 我已经喝了她买給我的一杯冰咖啡。