Daniela
Easter time, how is in your country? As you already know it's Easter time, so i'm gonna talk about how we spend this time in my country. First of all, in Costa Rica is known as "Holy Week" and it's a bit different from Easter in USA, because we actually don't do all that egg thing, for us it's more religious and more about watching religious movies the whole week, and going to church even if you never go in the entire year, but for this week is a must (ok it's not a MUST but the churches look fuller than ever before lol). If you're thinking if it's like that in the whole country... nop it is not. It's actually a holiday and yep, of course this is a Catholics thing, there's also proccesions and really nice shows and it's all about God. But not everybody sees it that way. It's also known as vacations. If you know what i mean. Holiday=Vacation. It's also traditional to make rice pudding (arroz con leche), "picadillo", and lots and lots of good meals and desserts. By this time your whole family from even the uncles that you never see will come for this special week. It's a huge thing actually. Even though it's a religious thing, people and even my family used to use it to go for vacation and fun, y'know? So, it's a combination of both sides. I personally like this week, because it's the perfect time to spend time with my family. Now that im living away from home, i actually miss those time together. And this year that im working i had no days off, can you believe how unfair that is? So i did something really bad... NOT, it was necessary, i just skipped work on Sat so i had Sat, Sun and Mon with my family. It was necessary. I needed. And that's it, you can tell me how is Easter in your country if u'd like to share.
1

Easter time, how is in your country?

As you already know it's Easter time, so i'm gonna talk about how we spend this time in my country. First of all, in Costa Rica it's known as "Holy Week" and it's a bit different from Easter in USA, because we actually don't do all that egg stuff, for us it's more religious and more about watching religious movies the whole week, and going to church even if you never go in the entire year, but for this week it's a must (ok it's not a MUST but the churches look fuller than ever before lol). If you're wondering if it's like that in the whole country... nop it is not. It's actually a holiday and yep, of course this is a Catholic thing, there are also proccesions and really nice shows and it's all about God. But not everybody sees it that way. It's also known as vacations. If you know what i mean. Holiday=Vacation. It's also traditional to make rice pudding (arroz con leche), "picadillo", and lots and lots of good meals and desserts. By this time your whole family from even the uncles that you never see will come for this special week. It's a huge thing actually. Even though it's a religious thing, people and even my family used to use it to go for vacation and fun, y'know? So, it's a combination of both sides. I personally like this week, because it's the perfect time to spend time with my family. Now that im living away from home, i actually miss those times together. And this year that im working, i had no days off, can you believe how unfair that is? So i did something really bad... NOT, it was necessary, i just skipped work on Sat so i had Sat, Sun and Mon with my family. It was necessary. I needed. And that's it, you can tell me how is Easter in your country if u'd like to share.

Brilliant Daniela!

Yeah sadly it's getting a little bit like the US in New Zealand too.
But I've been teaching in Ukraine for a few years, and it is almost exactly the way you have described it here, maybe even more religious, they have the food blessed before you can eat it.