cuiqiao
The Best Comfort is Company This is a true story I heard last night. A couple lost their only son in the 2008 Wenchuan earthquake. Unlike the others, they did not cry, not even say a word. They just sat there in silence with expressionless. Normally, these kind of people are thought that they are likely to commit suicide, because their bad feelings can not be vented. Therefore, many psychologists tried every effort to help them. However no matter how hard they tried, the couple just made no reaction. The leader heard that a Hongkong psychologist was also in there, so he found him and wanted him to help that couple. The Hongkong psychologist agreed. He came to the couple and tried to say something to them. No reaction still. They just listened quietly and said no word. "What could I do?" thought the Hongkong psychologist. He is not only a psychologist, but also a priest. So he prayed to the God in his heart. Suddenly, he knew what he should do. And guess what? He just also sat there with no word. He accompanied the couple sitting there, but he also prayed in his heart for the couple. After 40 minutes, the wife suddenly burst into sobs and then also did the husband, then they hugged and cried. After a while, the couple and the Hongkong psychologist began to talk. Too many times, we thought we could comfort others by our wise words. However, sometimes those wise words seem to be so useless before a broken heart. Sometimes people don't need you to tell them what they should do, they knew it. They just need your company. Sit in silence with them, give them a hug, when they want to talk, listen to them. The best comfort is company.