EvianBunny
My understanding of 잠깐 하고 깜짝 ^0^ The following essay just my personal opinion. Hopefully everyone can point out my mistakes. thanks. As the Korean beginner I supposed this two words have different meaning each other. However I think the two words got similar pronunciation and typing. I tried to compare them together and pronounce then found out actually their typing order just a little bit different. One is written as 잠깐 and the other one is 깜짝. At a glance of them I would suppose they are the same words. However after the comparison, 잠 shared the same part with ㅏㅁbut just changed the left part as ㅈ while 깜 written as ㄲ. Besides 깐 and 짝 also with the similar written in ascensive vowel ㄲ and ㅉ combined withㅏand changing consonant ㄴ orㄱ. Welcome every Korean speaking people or learners can correct my mistakes or exchange your native language with me so that I can improve it. Thanks so much!! 감사합니다 !
1

<em>My understanding of 잠깐 하고 깜짝 ^0^</em>

<em>The following essay is just my personal opinion. Hopefully someone will point out my mistakes. Thanks.</em>

<em>As a beginner in Korean I am supposing that these two words have different meanings from each other. However they have similar pronunciation and typing. I tried to compare them in pronunciation then found that their typing order is a little different. One is written as 잠깐 and the other one is 깜짝. At a glance I would suppose they are both the same words. However after the comparison, I noticed that 잠 shares the same part with </em>ㅏㅁbut just changed the left part as ㅈ while 깜 written as ㄲ. Besides 깐 and 짝 also with the similar written in ascensive vowel ㄲ and ㅉ combined withㅏand changing consonant ㄴ orㄱ.

<em>I welcome any Korean speaking people or learners who can correct my mistakes or exchange their native language with me so that I can improve. Thanks so much!! 감사합니다 !</em>

I had a little problem deciphering the text once it began including Korean characters, so I apologise that it is not complete. I tried hard but it was difficult for me to be sure that I would make an accurate correction because I have no understanding of Korean characters. They look interesting though. Good luck with your learning experience.

Thanks for asking the question. I just hope I can answer it properly for you. I have posted my reply in the correction box because I think it will be easier to follow here.

When the phrase “As a beginner in Korean” is followed immediately by the topic of “language”, the reader knows that the noun “beginner” is related to the Korean language. It is saying you are a beginner (a learner, a student, a pupil – all mean the same as beginner) in the study of the Korean language. Saying “As a beginner in Korean” just simplifies the sentence and makes it clearer and easier to read. I think the confusion might be caused by mistaking the word “in” for an adverb. However, in the way I have used it, “in” is a preposition.

Adverb examples of “in”:

• In my car
• In my friend’s house
• You live in China
• She has a ribbon in her hair
• Goji Berries are in season

Preposition examples of “in”:

• He sings in Spanish
• Most of her artwork is done in watercolour
• The drummer could not stay in time with the music
• I am a beginner in Chinese (assuming that we already know we are discussing language)
• You are a beginner in Korean (assuming that we already know we are discussing language)

I hope I have given you some answers.